DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

And in a different movie - Don Cheadle is playing Miles Davis

miles-davis-cheadle.jpg

This is being filmed primarily here in Cincinnati, and has been going on for at least a month or so. Cheadle has shown up at Reds games and a few other things plugging the film. I believe the title is Miles Ahead.

Could be wrong but it doesn't look like Horns has a North American release date.  The Halloween release is UK only.

Looking around - the rumor is that they will announce the US release date during Comic-Con because Horns is being featured during the RADIUS-TWC Preview Panel

Atom Egoyan's latest

Nope nope nope nope nope nope.

I will just file this away with Prisoners in the movies I will never be capable of watching

Yeah, Prisoners is a tough watch if you are a dad, but the whole good men behaving badly message was really powerful.

I'd do nearly anything to protect my daughter, but I am not sure how I would handle the whole, "When you went missing, I tortured a man to find out where you were," discussion with my kid after she was returned safely and right before I got sent to prison for kidnapping, assault and battery, attempted murder, and obstruction of justice.

Be careful when hunting monsters, lest you become a monster yourself.

• Like 1

kkbyKsl.png

Adam Sandler's next project:  Pixels  

Plot synopsis

When aliens misinterpret video-feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, they attack Earth using the games as models for their various assaults. President William Cooper (Kevin James) calls upon his childhood best friend, '80s video game champion Sam Brenner (Adam Sandler), who had a previous relationship to his attractive wife (Jane Krakowski) to lead a team of old-school arcaders (Peter Dinklage and Josh Gad) to defeat the aliens and save the planet.

sigh.  Well, I guess Peter Dinklage *does* need to have an olympic sized infinity swimming pool lined in Italian marble.

God damn that sounds fucking awful. Seriously. What in the fuck? Adam Sandler and Josh Gad in the same movie? Fucking Kevin James is president? Holy shit.

You don't, you know, actually have to actively TRY to be awful...but here they are, trying their damnedest.

• Like 1

Christ I hope Dinklage's paycheck is fucking huge.

I really need to stop watching CinemaSins on youtube cause my first thought after reading that was 'that's racist'

Hm, really didn't mean it about his size at all. Any great actor doing that kind of shit... I really hope it's because they got a ridiculous offer.

Who could forget such classics as this?

underdog-07.JPG

Underdog, 2007

A Beagle must use his newly-bestowed superpowers to defend Capitol City from mad scientist Simon Barsinister.

And this?

18lqtuviphfjzjpg.jpg

Knights of Badassdom, 2013

Live-action role players conjure up a demon from Hell by mistake and they must deal with the consequences

And what looks like the most bizarre idea for a movie ever...