DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

When you are sold on a movie from a single still photo...

Holy fuck yes that looks great.

I had the same feeling when I saw Affleck in the new Batman suit as well.

I won't believe it's out until I actually see it. They started filming in 2012 and there's been dead silence since.

I had the same feeling when I saw Affleck in the new Batman suit as well

You guys doing the repeater?

02448612_.jpg

• Like 3

I won't believe it's out until I actually see it. They started filming in 2012 and there's been dead silence since.

I had the same feeling when I saw Affleck in the new Batman suit as well

I don't know why. They haven't been sitting on BvS for years like Fury Road.

While Black’s Predator film was initially reported as being a reboot, we recently got in touch with the filmmaker who clarified that he and Dekker are actually envisioning an “inventive sequel” with this iteration, which is to say it’s really not a reboot at all.  Hit the jump to read on.

While the initial report said that Black’s new Predator film would be a reboot, Black tells us that he and Dekker see the project as definitely not a reboot, “As far as Fred and I are concerned anyway,” Black said, adding “Why start over, when you’ve all this rich mythology yet to mine?”  Black said he doesn’t like reboots generally, but can “really get behind inventive sequels”, noting that he likes “the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button.”  He went on to say that Dekker, who’s writing the screenplay, is “perfect” for the project, adding the two had a blast writing the screenplay for The Monster Squad together.  Indeed, the result of their previous collaboration makes the prospect of the new Predator film even more enticing.

Read more at http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/#PIfZFGG8BMWthBsE.99

So 50 Cent has now been in THREE movies with Bruce Willis

Plus Rain is randomly running around there too. I might watch this just for the random casting

While Black’s Predator film was initially reported as being a reboot, we recently got in touch with the filmmaker who clarified that he and Dekker are actually envisioning an “inventive sequel” with this iteration, which is to say it’s really not a reboot at all.  Hit the jump to read on.

While the initial report said that Black’s new Predator film would be a reboot, Black tells us that he and Dekker see the project as definitely not a reboot, “As far as Fred and I are concerned anyway,” Black said, adding “Why start over, when you’ve all this rich mythology yet to mine?”  Black said he doesn’t like reboots generally, but can “really get behind inventive sequels”, noting that he likes “the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button.”  He went on to say that Dekker, who’s writing the screenplay, is “perfect” for the project, adding the two had a blast writing the screenplay for The Monster Squad together.  Indeed, the result of their previous collaboration makes the prospect of the new Predator film even more enticing.

Read more at http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/#PIfZFGG8BMWthBsE.99

Translation:

Don't worry nerds. The next installment of Hollywood Crap on a Plate will be a sequel - not a reboot. So your precious Shit Canon stays in tact and you can feel justified in buying a ticket. MONSTER SQUAD WAS KEWL 'MEMBER WHEN YOU WERE KIDS AND LIFE WAS AWESOME.

• Like 1

I mean, it's not like they're building on a rich backstory anyway, all of these movies are basically just standalones with similar monsters.

I wish more movie series were treated as anthologies rather than trilogies

Speaking confusing sequels/reboots being jammed down your neckhole, Ridley Scott is doing Andy Weir's The Martian with Matt Damon before Prometheus 2 and Blade Runner 2.

Translation:

Don't worry nerds. The next installment of Hollywood Crap on a Plate will be a sequel - not a reboot. So your precious Shit Canon stays in tact and you can feel justified in buying a ticket. MONSTER SQUAD WAS KEWL 'MEMBER WHEN YOU WERE KIDS AND LIFE WAS AWESOME.

You say that so sarcastically...  

But this is the greatest moment in film history. 

• Like 2

First things first: Jae, your avatar is fucking frightening as all hell.

Second: Reboot, sequel, fucking whatever. Just give me Tom Hardy fighting a Predator.

Third: Wolfman has no nards.

http://youtu.be/0coRrsikeMk

So many infuriating things about this trailer but none bigger that they want us to believe that they would still be holding an outside HS graduation with even the hint of rain

I went to one where it rained epic levels mid-ceremony five years ago. Mississippi has shitty unpredictable weather from April to June.