DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

It was based on a fake tweet from a parody account.   What's disturbing is how difficult it is for me to determine if the site you linked to is a serious thing or not.

Every single article is insanely stupid...but not necessarily something my idiot relatives wouldn't send me on Facebook.

• Like 1

And I'm pretty sure the only way Jeremy Renner is coming back for Hansel and Gretel 2 is

1) They pay him $50 million.

2) Orwellian-like mind control.

3) The studio procures scandalous pictures of him with barnyard animals.

Seriously, he looked pretty blatantly embarrassed to even be there at several points during the first film.

Truly one of the great "Get this shit over with and cut me my check" performances of recent history. I wouldn't even call it embarrassment as much as apathetic ennui.

I am tryng to hate on the big screen version of The Equalizer, but it is hard because it may be the spiritual reboot of Man On Fire that has the badass ending I wanted.

• Like 1

I don't think Wahlberg did it in 2 Guns. Wahlberg TRIED and Wahlberg FAILED (also he was kinda corny). Denzel still got the better dialogue although the writers decided he shouldn't curse. Why pay the man $20 million to not be Denzel Washington? That movie had a whole lot wrong with it.

It was awesome and Wahlberg won when he shot the chickens and called the fat Mexican his girlfriend.

You're clearly the demographic this movie was aimed at though. That's shooting fish in a barrel that's been bolted down to the floor.

Frankly I'd rather enjoy a movie than not so I'm good with that.

I enjoy Denzel

I enjoy Paula Patton nude (not so much her Robert Z'Dar-esque chin/jawline, the wooden acting, and the wardrobe of a 9th grade lesbian art teacher she wore in the movie)

I enjoy Bill Paxton chewing scenery

Sadly, I didn't enjoy this movie. I wanted to.

Bizarrely, I'll watch pretty much anything if Wahlberg is in it. He has a certain earnestness to him, and he doesn't get enough credit for his comedic timing. Though, he is kinda corny too.

I'll probably give the Transformers movie a miss though.

I enjoyed 2 Guns. Fairly forgettable though. I don't even remember a nude scene, let alone it being Paula Patton.

Bizarrely, I'll watch pretty much anything if Wahlberg is in it. He has a certain earnestness to him, and he doesn't get enough credit for his comedic timing. Though, he is kinda corny too.

I'll probably give the Transformers movie a miss though.

I enjoyed 2 Guns. Fairly forgettable though. I don't even remember a nude scene, let alone it being Paula Patton.

Marky Mark is pretty much my favorite actor right now. Love his work.

http://youtu.be/EtoJ7fQBRF8

Kevin Hart! Josh Gad!

Okay - I am going to be honest, the only reason I am posting this is because it is the directorial debut by a guy I went to high school with. (He had been just a writer - including writing the Break-Up and the announced writer of the Police Academy reboot).

So despite the terrible movies... yup, another person I know who put me to shame

Nothing wrong with this movie, it actually looks funny. I kind of like Josh Gad, though.

Marky Mark was larger than life in The Departed, Boogie Nights, Ted, and The Big mother fucking Hit and was king sized in Pain + Gain but was overshadowed by the comedic genius of The Rock.

He was passable in Contraband, The Italian Job, and Broken City.  Not great but not horrible either.

I'd rather forget that The Happening ever happened.  Ditto for Max Payne and Planet of the Apes.