DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

And I'm pretty sure the only way Jeremy Renner is coming back for Hansel and Gretel 2 is

1) They pay him $50 million.

2) Orwellian-like mind control.

3) The studio procures scandalous pictures of him with barnyard animals.

Seriously, he looked pretty blatantly embarrassed to even be there at several points during the first film.

• Like 1

Renner is a fine actor who's great as the lead in smaller films and secondary roles in big budget/ensemble blockbusters.  What you don't want is him carrying the load in a tent-pole franchise film, even though he's talented.  He doesn't have quite enough of the It Factor to pull that off.  That's not a disparage on his abilities--I think he's quite good.  But he doesn't seem mainstream enough.

American Hustle is Not Good

Correct.  It is great.  And Renner is spectacular in it.

It's overrated.  Good movie that thinks inserting a billion f-bombs makes for good dialogue.

http://youtu.be/EtoJ7fQBRF8

Kevin Hart! Josh Gad!

Okay - I am going to be honest, the only reason I am posting this is because it is the directorial debut by a guy I went to high school with. (He had been just a writer - including writing the Break-Up and the announced writer of the Police Academy reboot).

So despite the terrible movies... yup, another person I know who put me to shame

You're confusing American Hustle with The Wolf of Wall Street, Tabe.

Given that I haven't seen Wolf, I can assure you that's not the case.

Okay, it is late, but this is being reported by "Mad World News", which I do not know is or is not a parody site:

Will Smith is producing a Trayvon Martin movie, and will cast his son Jaden as Trayvon.  Wilmer Valderrama is set to play George Zimmerman.

The real George Zimmerman will be paid $3.2 million to be a consultant on the film. 

Release date is Spring of 2015.

-- Please please please, Jesus, Allah, and Buddha, please make this just be bullshit.

• Like 1