DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Ok, I should have checked IMDB first. I will say that the actor playing Cube looks like he pulls off young Ice Cube well. The other guy pulls off looking like old ass Dr. Dre pretty well, which is weird because Dr. Dre was fatter and, well, younger looking back then.

Ok, I see what's going on. Jesus Christ, I thought I was losing my goddamn mind. I'm thinking the dudes at the top really looked like Dre and Cube because that is Dre and Cube. Dudes at the bottom are the new dudes, which is still fucked up. Ice Cube's kid kinda looks like young Ice Cube. Corey Hawkins on the other hand looks nothing like Dr. Dre. Dude's face looks like a fucking alien and he's skinny as shit. The guy playing MC Ren also kinda looks like MC Ren, but this is all kinds of fucked up. And the more I keep looking at Ice Cube's kid, the more I keep thinking he looks like a combination of Cube and Eazy-E.

Fuck me though, I am all retarded this morning.

• Like 3

Paramount has announced its lineup for the next two years:

GI Joe 3

Star Trek 3 (or 13)

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 (?!)

Paranormal Activity 5

Ben-Hur

Beverly Hills Cop (4 - Reboot within a sequel)

Squarebob Spongepants 2 in 3D

Hot-Tub Time Machine 2

Terminator: Genesis (Reboot within a sequel)

Mission: Impossible 5

Friday The 13th (Reboot.  Yes, again.  Yes I know it was rebooted 5 years ago, shut up.)

The Gambler (Remake)

So. 2 remakes, 3 reboots, 7 sequels.   WHO DARES SAY CREATIVITY IS DEAD.

Excuse me, I have to go find a puppy to kick. 

It throws me off that the ice cube kid isn't at least 60 pounds fatter . Cube was chunky back in the day.

Cube wasn't that chunky. He just had a very wide face.

2d91a92b8c074384f100fe2671fafc0e-nwa-the

You must be thinking about AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted era Cube when he really started putting on weight.

The guy in the middle of the biopic photo looks close enough to Ren to pass muster.  Even Ren does not look like Ren these days.

Poor Yella.  No one gives a crap about that guy.

Universal has officially bumped the next chapter of Jeremy Renner's Bourne continuation nearly a year, moving it from August 14, 2015 to July 15, 2016. 

That can't be right...Kid in the middle has to be playing MC Ren. If he's really playing Eazy-E, then that's a bigger fuck up appearance wise that the dude who is playing Dr. Dre.

Jesus...

And...what the fuck? F. Gary Gray and Ice Cube are working together and they're making this shit instead of an actually good follow-up to Friday.

And I just threw up in my mouth realizing that one day we'll get another Friday movie, but this time Ice Cube is the cranky dad and fucking Kendrick Lamar or someone similar plays his son.

And...what the fuck? F. Gary Gray and Ice Cube are working together and they're making this shit instead of an actually good follow-up to Friday.

Much like the TERMINATOR franchise, we'd all be better off if the FRIDAY series had stayed in the 20th century.

Paramount has announced its lineup for the next two years:

GI Joe 3

Star Trek 3 (or 13)

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 (?!)

Paranormal Activity 5

Ben-Hur

Beverly Hills Cop (4 - Reboot within a sequel)

Squarebob Spongepants 2 in 3D

Hot-Tub Time Machine 2

Terminator: Genesis (Reboot within a sequel)

Mission: Impossible 5

Friday The 13th (Reboot.  Yes, again.  Yes I know it was rebooted 5 years ago, shut up.)

The Gambler (Remake)

So. 2 remakes, 3 reboots, 7 sequels.   WHO DARES SAY CREATIVITY IS DEAD.

Excuse me, I have to go find a puppy to kick. 

For some reason the term "reboot within a sequel" sends a shiver down my spine.