DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

I liked Salvation in part since you finally got to see Kyle Reese character for the first time since the original movie if you don't count the deleted scene from T2.  Anton Yelchin really pulled off being believable as a younger version of Michael Biehn.

I'd rather have David Brat read me Ayn Rand at a spine shattering volume while sitting on a bean bag of broken glass.
I felt pretty much the same way when I saw the trailer for the first one and ended up loving it. So I'm willing to give this a chance.

I might have missed this getting posted in the all the Terminator nonsense

I really like the original, but I have low hopes for this because sequels for something like this rarely pan out to be as good. However, that trailer seems like a lot of fun.

Was there a reason that Clive Owen is not playing Dwight in this film and has been replaced by Josh Brolin? I love Brolin as an actor, but Owen was one of my favorite parts of the first film. The scene of him imagining Benicio Del Toro in the car was one of my favorite scenes from that film.

I might have missed this getting posted in the all the Terminator nonsense

I really like the original, but I have low hopes for this because sequels for something like this rarely pan out to be as good. However, that trailer seems like a lot of fun.

Was there a reason that Clive Owen is not playing Dwight in this film and has been replaced by Josh Brolin? I love Brolin as an actor, but Owen was one of my favorite parts of the first film. The scene of him imagining Benicio Del Toro in the car was one of my favorite scenes from that film.

Pretty sure Owen's character was post cosmetic surgery, and this story is pre-surgery.

• Like 1

What Elvion said.  Dwight's story in A Dame To Kill For is rumored to be the story before The Big Fat Kill, so it will take place before Dwight got cosmetic surgery in Old Town.

Why he did this and apparently kept his old name, I don't know.

Sin City stuff, spoilered because spoilers.  Like, serious spoilers:

There is no rumor of what Dwight's story is.  Dwight's story is A Dame To Kill For, the title of the damn movie.  It is pre-The Big Fat Kill.  However, his plastic surgery actually happens in the middle of the story.  The first half takes place before The Hard Goodbye (Marv's story in the first film) while the second half, post Dwight's face being rebuilt, is after that.  I presume, and could be wrong, they will split the story in the movie the same way they did That Yellow Bastard in the first movie.