DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Terminator 3 was actually better than Avatar. I mean, you tell me which one you're going to sit through late at night after you dig some cold pizza out of the fridge. It ain't pretty but generic plot Avatar.

Most likely neither.  Only time I watch Terminator 3 is if I go crazy and decide I need to watch the entire franchise.

Avatar was definitely better, but christ it's long.

Terminator 3 is really awesome and is criminally unloved. That movie had balls. So many shit on it because it didn't have a happy ending and they were doomed anyway. Spoilers. The rest of it was very entertaining. It was the funniest Terminator movie too.

Terminator 3 was actually better than Avatar. I mean, you tell me which one you're going to sit through late at night after you dig some cold pizza out of the fridge. It ain't pretty but generic plot Avatar.

Most likely neither.  Only time I watch Terminator 3 is if I go crazy and decide I need to watch the entire franchise.

Avatar was definitely better, but christ it's long.

Once I got past the eye candy, I found Avatar to be atrocious. I would choose T-3 any day of the week if those were my only two choices.

YOU HAD TO BE IN THE THEATER!

That's probably the worst excuse for defending a movie.

I just couldn't get over had bad Sam Worthington was. I know it was his first major project, but he had the worst American accent (should probably be accents because he couldn't decide on one) an actor could ever conceive. I like how Hollywood gave him four big shots to be successful and he was just dreadful in all of them before they quit. Abysmal. Even if you wanna to stay regional, you have Mendelsohn, Stapleton, Pearce, and Wenham off the top of my head. All of them have done way better American accents than Sam Worthington and way better actors. Great SFX or not, I don't want to watch this man suck at acting for two hours. 

I'm the guy who said The Mist had the best ending of a Hollywood movie in the entire 00's decade, so I don't think the sad ending has anything to do with not liking it.

The horribly unfunny comedy, utter lack of chemistry between the two leads, utterly irrational decision to make the more advanced Terminator more vulnerable than the liquid one, the absolutely terrible acting by Loken, Nick Stahl apparently being pumped full of sleeping pills throughout the filming, the plot that at times felt like a beat by beat retelling of T2, except with the good parts removed, the utterly terrible final fight...

But god that truck chase was awesome.

(For the record, I saw T3 in the theaters, and did not see Avatar until blu-ray.  Avatar is way fucking better.  And I'm not even a huge fan of it.)

• Like 1

I'm not sure how else it could have ended at that point.  I mean, the correct answer is "with T2" but once you brought it back, you basically have no choice but to make the war with the machines inevitable, even if they can keep pushing it back a little at a time.

Also, I really miss The Sarah Connor Chronicles and wish it had gotten an ending.  Thus far, that's the only non-Cameron Terminator thing that's really worth a damn.

Oh, you just mean the little callbacks?

Yeah, those are fine and all, and they can add a lot to a good movie in a franchise, but they don't prevent a movie from just being unrelentingly dull on their own.