DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Yeah, but until he opens a big non sequel as THE lead, he ain't got duck ob Downey.

Aside from the first Iron Man, when has Downey done that?

First Sherlock Holmes made pretty serious coin...

Damn, beaten to it...

Edited by just drew

Rock is amazing and all, but he strikes me as someone who could be a way better actor than he is.

Pretty much every top list actor as an iconic role, or has played a character no one else could play. But his movies tend to be so generic, it's difficult for anything memorable to come out of them, even if they do do big business.

I think after Southland Tales flopped he decided to stop testing himself and doing riskier stuff, which was a shame. He seems like someone who could be in some low-key drama and shock everyone with how good he is (see, Stallone in Copland).

Of course, he's making so much cash right now I doubt he cares that film fans won't be talking about G.I.Joe: Retaliation in 20 years.

We can't work as a team, Bad Boys style? You can be Martin Lawrence.

b0e.gif

I was watching Bad Boys II a few days ago. There is a bad editing mistake in the scene with same camera trick above where they shoot up the Rastas. The one Rasta guy Will Smith shot dead is visibly still breathing. The fucker doesn't even try to hold his breath. I think he confused a nap with death.

So, Shia Leboeuf quoted Eric Cantona today ("When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea") before upping and leaving a press conference.

He also wore this at the premiere of Nymphomaniac...

166663-db59149c-91c1-11e3-9900-6ae4ae417

• Like 1

Rock is amazing and all, but he strikes me as someone who could be a way better actor than he is.

If some reviews are to be believed, Rock showed range in Pain & Gain.  That he really developed his character into something tangible. I have it on my to-watch list, so I'll see.

Every time I see LeBeouf, I laugh knowing Natural wants to punch him in the throat. And with good reason! :lol:

• Like 1

If some reviews are to be believed, Rock showed range in Pain & Gain.  That he really developed his character into something tangible. I have it on my to-watch list, so I'll see.

Maybe because it is not the usual cast of characters (Wahlberg will be once they make 16 more Transformers movies), but P&G is my favorite Bay film. I haven't seen The Rock since high school and Transformers bores me to tears. Some of the lines in the Bad Boys series are groan inducing (ex. “uh-oh it's the nigras!”). Dwayne and Anthony Mackie played off each other tremendously well.

He was okay in Empire State but he was just playing his F&F role turned down 20 notches. Minus being dipped in a vat of baby oil prior to every scene as well.

If Shia really wants to disappear from public life why doesn't he just hire Adrian Brody's agent?

61769706_merchant1_224bbc.jpg

Like Gillette commercials just happen!  You know the kind of stroke that takes....

a very delicate down stroke.

tsss...get it?  Like with a razor? 

What I'm asking is can you grow a Van Dyke, Shia?

So, Shia Leboeuf quoted Eric Cantona today ("When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea") before upping and leaving a press conference.

He also wore this at the premiere of Nymphomaniac...

And von Trier wore this.  I want one.

2-format1.jpg

I feel ashamed that I didn't come up with this joke yesterday when I posted the Lebouef thing.

Lebouef is gonna be stuck in that paper bag for a long time, because he sure as hell won't be able to act his way out of it.

• Like 4