DVDVR Message Board

Non NHL Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Michael Misa has become just the 8th player to be granted exceptional status into the Canadian Hockey League

He will be eligible for the 2022 OHL Draft

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TLDR: The IIHF refused to display the Ukraine flag since their team isn't playing in the tournament, so Czech fans worked out a fantastic end-around.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hershey Bears beat the Coachella Valley Firebirds in OT of Game 7 to HOIST! the Calder Cup. No word if they celebrated at the Carrot Festival afterwards.

LEFT+TOIN+%25288%2529.png

• 1 month later...

The 6 inaugural franchises for the Professional Women's Hockey League were announced

• Boston
  • Minneapolis-St. Paul
  • New York City
  • Montreal
  • Ottawa
  • Toronto

(Note that the NYC teams is listed as "New York City area" so I am gonna laugh when that turns out to be like fucking Newark)

• 1 month later...

Horrific news out of England as Nottingham Panthers forward and former Pittsburgh Penguin Adam Johnson has passed away following an on-ice accident at Sheffield Steelers.

Yes, there is video. No, don't even think of posting it. RIP.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In case you weren't aware, every single person involved with the 2018 Team Canada junior team - the one with dudes facing ugly charges - is currently suspended from representing Canada in any form:

https://kdvr.com/sports/colorado-avalanche/makar-remains-among-players-suspended-by-hockey-canada-pending-appeal/amp/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

went to see local AHL team Ontario Reign this weekend fun game that they won 4-3. When I was a kid we would go see the Chicago Wolves (IHL/WHL) cause we could get 8 dollar tickets. 

One of the refs took a puck to the face under his mask and got busted open, hope he's ok

18 hours ago, zendragon said:

went to see local AHL team Ontario Reign this weekend fun game that they won 4-3. When I was a kid we would go see the Chicago Wolves (IHL/WHL) cause we could get 8 dollar tickets. 

One of the refs took a puck to the face under his mask and got busted open, hope he's ok

I caught a Wolves game with my Bradley pal Brian ages ago. It was Scout Night so they had something like 16,000 in the building... just an amazing atmosphere.

• Like 1