DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-30-13

MGFanJay

Cena is also just barely the main event in this. Bryan and Punk were heavily involved in the contract signing -- in fact, their involvement ended the show.

I think there is an argument to be made that the Cena/Orton feud over the unification of the belts is overshadowed right now.

Hypothetically, imagine if you switch Bryan with Cena right now? People would gripe that Cena's feud with The Wyatt Family was out shining the title picture, which should be the most important feud ever, etc, and prof that Bryan is being buried.

Well if the Rasslemania rumors are true, all roads in this Bryan-Wyatt thing are leading to Cena being the hero at the end of the day anyway.

Late to the party, but:

My fear with the Wyatt Family angle is that the modern crowds don't buy DB as a heel. I hope the writing crew doesn't just rely on the audience chanting "YES" in every one of his matches to tease breaking Bray Wyatt's spell for too long or they will get bored of it. The Family has to do some truly evil things to get over. It has to be a legit heel turn/brainwash, because if Bryan was just faking, it devalues the angle for the future and weakens BW. I am a big Kevin Sullivan Prince of Darkness mark so this is right up my alley.

if you are not optimistic then why are you watching?,

RAF

I'll save you the trouble right now. It's not a legit heel turn. If that's what's required for you to be optimistic, you can stop watching.

As for why someone would watch, uh, cuz I like wrestling?

c-

My signoff was not directed to you but as a rhetorical question. I care not why anyone watches RAW (or even whether they do or don't) but I assume all the posters here like wrestling but if they are annoyed and/or disappointed consistently by RAW and just watch to complain about it publicly, I don't get it...

Maybe you are being snarky but my optimism does not hinge on this one angle. However, I am so interested that I will... wait and see what happens. OH THE HORROR!!!

forgive me for doubting you,

RAF

It does feel like a legit heel turn to me too, if he's gonna be teaming with the Wyatt's. They're using this to elevate Bray Wyatt who is gonna be Cena's opponent at Mania. I to am a fan of the Kevin Sullivan/Raven/Bray Wyatt school of heels.