DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-30-13

MGFanJay

So I assume that Cena is winning in the Royal Rumble because I can't imagine that Orton vs Lesnar is a good idea.  Well unless Lesnar absolutely destroys Orton which I am not sure would happen

\

Allegedly, the winner is supposedly 

Batista

Hopefully it doesn't drag Bryan down anymore than he's been already, maybe this will elevate the Wyatts somehow.

That seems to be the plan.

(WM Booking spoiler)

Wyatt's currently booked as facing Cena at Mania

The supposed current planned card for WM is allegedly:

Taker vs. Brock

Orton vs. Batista

Cena vs. Wyatt

Punk vs. HHH

So I assume that Cena is winning in the Royal Rumble because I can't imagine that Orton vs Lesnar is a good idea. Well unless Lesnar absolutely destroys Orton which I am not sure would happen

\

Allegedly, the winner is supposedly

Batista

Hopefully it doesn't drag Bryan down anymore than he's been already, maybe this will elevate the Wyatts somehow.

That seems to be the plan.

(WM Booking spoiler)

Wyatt's currently booked as facing Cena at Mania

The supposed current planned card for WM is allegedly:

Taker vs. Brock

Orton vs. Batista

Cena vs. Wyatt

Punk vs. HHH

Sorry man, but I don't buy any of this.

• Like 1

I quite enjoy Bryan's shroud-of-turin-y martyr face.  So I'm kind of fine with letting him do that for a few weeks.  I actually thought that his acting combined with his incredible relationship with the crowd made this one of the better "babyface get's coopted into heel stable" moments I've seen.

That moment when they all started chanting his name, and Bray looked worried for just a second.  There was a real tension there, as I was almost expecting Bryan to running kick Bray at any moment.  That tension will hopefully remain, and hopefully the crowds will keep trying to reach out and fix him and he will keep playing it like he just might be hearing them through his new cult haze.   

It could lead to some really satisfying moments.

• Like 2

The people complaining about Bryan joining the Wyatts need to chill the fuck out. Every time they've tried to push Bryan down the midcard it's backfired and made hom more popular than ever. Hell, the Wyatts may end up as faces by the time Wrestlemania rolls around simply because of Bryan joining.

• Like 1

I actually loved the end segment after the initial "Wait, why would you turn your most over babyface?" reaction.  Plus, it makes sense, use the crowd's incessant chanting for Bryan for a purpose, trying to break the "spell" he's under, as he murders guys in a tag-team with Luke Harper.  I hope he starts wearing dirty jeans and a lumberjack shirt now.

I love that after years of repeatedly losing, rarely winning his big matches, and just days after cleanly jobbing to Reigns, Mark Henry's music still draws a "Whoa" reaction and huge cheers whenever it plays.  I kinda wish he'd just came out and crushed Lesnar before Lesnar "injured" him.

• Like 1

Another hopeful thing about this angle is that it kind of forces them to move Bray's crap forward finally.  Bryan isn't signing on to beat up Kofi Kingston or Tensai.  Now all that talk about "the machine" has to mean something.

If they are heels, and Bryan is being corrupted, then that can't mean HHH/Step, but Cena/Punk/whatever other babyface is on top.  If notghing else, that means the Wyatt's have to start meaning something more than they have so far.

That also means some Brran/Cena, Bryan/Punk stuff again.  And that will be pretty fine.