DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-30-13

MGFanJay

This show dragged, but Punk-Rollins became a good match while Big E-Fandango was Big E's best singles match yet. The Brock beating of Henry was epic! I also loved Booker's scarf - it was the best part of the Bad News Barrett segment. Bryan-Harper was easily the peak of the show match-wise. I'm glad they did something with Bryan and the Wyatts to move things forward, although I'm not a fan of even a short-term heel turn for him.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/raw-12-30-13.html

Screens -

800140297987022.jpg

75bee6297987038.jpg

4c04bc297981708.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/a820exj97eu9ew0ldmpfn3tj5xakfu3p

I'm impressed how they managed with a split crew (Cena/Orton, The Brotherhood/Real Americans and co. were in Toronto.)

Really dug the final segment. Big E vs Fandango was fun. Punk/Rollins was sloppy as fuck.

I'd be captivated if I didn't find the Wyatt's boring as fuck (Bray mostly, I like Brodie).

Bryan: "You're right Bray, the machine won't let me win, so I'll turn heel and join a midcard act, and my stopped push will be complete"

I'm already seeing bitching all over the net but this makes sense. Bray is a cult figurehead right.. but what better way to validate his status than be able to recruit a hot babyface? This gives Bryan an opportunity to fuck some shit up for a couple months and then I will expect that he turns on Bray to a huge pop and they finally have a one on one match. It's not rocket science. Plus, he's talking about "the machine" so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he comes for the title at some point...  just maybe not WrestleMania.

Also, BROCK LESNAR AND MARK HENRY. Yeah, we need more of that too...

There was a lot of WTF? moments on this show. Repackaged killer Brodus jobbing to his music, the whole "Eva Marie is a jerk because she used Purell after shaking hands with servicemen" thing (esp after they do a video package showing her kissing soldiers), and of course D-Bry's apparent heel turn.

I do think a brainwashed Bryan throwing in with the Psycho Hillbillies has some potential. It may be somewhat inexplicable but that angle was the best thing of the night.

Also, Summer Rae's dress.

I know that final scene has been described as "captivating" but that entire segment made me roll my eyes like Linda Blair on smack. Punk acting as the catalyst/irritant that starts to rattle the Shield could be interesting. Orton/Cena XXVIII is...jesus, really? Tonight the best thing that happened started with Brock and ended with Brock making a noise like an angry 13 year old girl.

• Like 1

I loved the Brock segment so much.  Punk/Rollins was sloppy as fuck but turned out good when they came back from break.  Big E/Fandango match was pretty great too.  Lawler must be proud, the straps going down is over now.  It was weird seeing the main segment.  I thought for the new year they'd have Bryan be defiant again and that's it.  Even when he agreed at first I thought it was a swerve.  But past that it became pretty damn captivating.  It was weird and might have gone over some people's heads in the crowd, but it was so fucking awesome.  When he turned back on the stage I thought for a second he'd just knee Bray and that was it.  The parts that mattered went on for just the right length of time to make you wonder for a second either way.  I'm curious where they go with it.  Hopefully it doesn't drag Bryan down anymore than he's been already, maybe this will elevate the Wyatts somehow.

The Henry vs. Brock things was good, but not as monsterous as it could have been if Henry had still been a heel. Maybe they can still get a chance to get the massive pop it should get if they keep Henry out for awhile and build up his return beating against Brock, instead of just doing it next week.

Punk and Rollins had some awful miscommunications art the begging in their match, but they salvaged it. Turned out to be really good.

I wish Orton was there this week so we coulda saw him watching Brock say he wanted the belt and freaking out

Big E. Langston is really, really awesome.

Summer Rae's outfit.... My God...