DVDVR Message Board

The Kansai/Ozaki vs. Toyota/Yamada trilogy.

Attila The Hut

• 3 weeks later...

It's the first major inter-promotional match between AJW and JPW. The idea was that JPW sent their two best in to take the belts away. They had never faced each other before and it's considered quite an incredible feat because almost all the match is called in the ring.

I know a lot of people don't like the third match, but to me, it's one of the best sprints I've ever seen. It's the definitive Toyota-style match with it's go-go-go style, and even with quite a ridiculous ending (not in a good way), it was one of the few times I saw a Toyota match like that where I was blown away.

I actually have them ranked 1-2-3 in chronological order. Outside of the Queendom '94 tag, Dream Rush is the best women's tag match I've ever seen. The Dreamslam II match was fantastic, as well, with Ozaki letting Kansai take the lead for a great majority of the match and it was incredible because of it.

It's really splitting hairs to try and rank the three in some ways, but that first tag match was truly something special.

• Like 1