DVDVR Message Board

Worst performance by a good actor?

Niners Fan in CT

Big enough check.  Gave zero fucks.

Are you saying that Brando's performance on The Score was bad? I'm asking honestly because this is fucking amazing:

Him not respecting Oz is similar to him being severely overweight on Apocalypse Now even though Kurtz was supposed to be fit as shit, or him reading lines from queue cards because he didn't want to memorize them. He was a fucking crazy dude and hard to work with.

Everyone's great in MOREAU. David Thewlis was also amazing.

Whatever happened to Fairuza Balk? I always found her incredibly sexy, despite not being, uh, very pretty.

According to a recently revealed blind item on a gossip site, she stopped being hired after 1) being too direct in telling them how she felt about whatever, 2) telling someone when she thought they would die, 3) supposedly causing the power to go out on movie sets with her spooky presence, 4) talking about her Death Hour theories, or 5) some combination of 1-4.

• Like 1

I would rather run a magic store than a gas station, to be honest. At least you could have fun with it.

"See this book kids? It raises....the dead!" *cackles hysterically while lightening strikes the store*

• Like 1

I don't know her personally, but I share mutual friends with her. She seems to be doing alright. She doesn't live beyond her means, and she worked fairly steadily for decades. Basically, she does what she wants.

Nicholas Cage in Peggy Sue Got Married. This was the Nic Cage who still gave a shit, but he made every single wrong choice that an actor could have made in a single movie. He is nails-on-a-chalkboard unwatchable. But then he turned around and made every right choice in Raising Arizona.

George C. Scott in Exorcist III. I know, I know I'm sure a lot of people slummed it in sequels of sequels of movies. But Exorcist III was a good film that works as a nice coda to the first film (though obviously isn't anywhere close to as good). It has a real good Brad Dourif role and is an interesting take on the story. But Scott makes some odd choices and randomly screams at people, who then react like they aren't being red-faced screamed at. It makes him come off like a lunatic when everybody in a movie is acting like they're having a normal conversation with a person and he's just screaming at them. It actually reminded me of recent Nic Cage.

Nicholas Cage in Peggy Sue Got Married. This was the Nic Cage who still gave a shit, but he made every single wrong choice that an actor could have made in a single movie. He is nails-on-a-chalkboard unwatchable. But then he turned around and made every right choice in Raising Arizona.

Not to troll, but is nicholas cage a good actor? Memorable, entertaining, and a movie star, yes but I'm not sure he's all that good.  He had his moments, yes, but those almost fall into good performances by a bad actor. . . 

Mary McDonnell in Scream 4. She's really good actress, but she is alarmingly bad in this film. I mean, her character was barely given anything to do, but she still seemed like she was stoned for her scenes or something.

Not to troll, but is nicholas cage a good actor? Memorable, entertaining, and a movie star, yes but I'm not sure he's all that good.  He had his moments, yes, but those almost fall into good performances by a bad actor. . . 

It makes me sad that people forget about 83-95 Nic Cage. Dude was amazing.

Not to troll, but is nicholas cage a good actor? Memorable, entertaining, and a movie star, yes but I'm not sure he's all that good. He had his moments, yes, but those almost fall into good performances by a bad actor. . .

It makes me sad that people forget about 83-95 Nic Cage. Dude was amazing.

I will never be bullied off the notion that he did his best work in Honeymoon In Vegas.

Drinking yourself to death is easy. Navigating Hawaii is hard.