DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

NBC will almost certainly get one Seahawks/Niners game (just like there is always one Giants/Cowboys or Bears/Packers or Steelers/Ravens)

Yeah - I would think San Fran hosting Week 1 in the new stadium would be the leader in clubhouse for Sunday Night

I also think SNF/MNF want the first home game in the 49ers new stadium in Week 1 or 2, and looking at the 2014 home schedule, the only two opponents I can see for that are the Chiefs and the Seahawks.

Chiefs you get the Alex Smith homecoming angle along with new stadium.

Again - the problem with AFC/NFC games (especially good ones) is that FOX and CBS aren't keen on losing the matchups. So again - CBS isn't going to give up one of their two Niners games easily (well at least the KC one... the one against the Chargers they might not care about)

I also think SNF/MNF want the first home game in the 49ers new stadium in Week 1 or 2, and looking at the 2014 home schedule, the only two opponents I can see for that are the Chiefs and the Seahawks.

Chiefs you get the Alex Smith homecoming angle along with new stadium.

Again - the problem with AFC/NFC games (especially good ones) is that FOX and CBS aren't keen on losing the matchups. So again - CBS isn't going to give up one of their two Niners games easily (well at least the KC one... the one against the Chargers they might not care about)

I dont disagree but at the same time what would be the second MNF game for week one you know its going to be a home game for a West Coast game so you take Seahawks out fo that pool and also possible 49ers. That leaves, Oak, SD, Arizona, Denver.

I dont disagree but at the same time what would be the second MNF game for week one you know its going to be a home game for a West Coast game so you take Seahawks out fo that pool and also possible 49ers. That leaves, Oak, SD, Arizona, Denver.

Since the NFL started doing the 2nd MNF game to open the season - that 2nd game has had either San Diego or Oakland all but one time (heck - they even played each other three times) so I am thinking having the Seahawks and Niners out of that pool isn't really sweating the NFL.

Since the NFL started doing the 2nd MNF game to open the season - that 2nd game has had either San Diego or Oakland all but one time (heck - they even played each other three times) so I am thinking having the Seahawks and Niners out of that pool isn't really sweating the NFL.

But would the NFL want three of the four opening week prime games to be on the west coast thou?

I'm not sure why three west coast games in prime time matters. The second MNF game usually isn't a marquee matchup anyway, might as well throw a game from the Black Hole in that timeslot.

Because of so much of the media being on the East Coast and hating having to stay up for late games

The only game that doesn't start in the regular Thurs/Sun/Mon timeslot is the late night Monday game. Season opener will still kick off at 8:30 Eastern. Same with the Sunday nighter. Where those games get played won't change the start times.

I suppose this is the best place to put it. I figure Rippa and the other Giants fans will heartily laugh at what I am about to show you.

On Twitter just a few minutes ago, Jared Lorenzen was trending. I thought this was bizarre so I had to see what's up. Well, he still plays football, but it's minor league indoor football. He is a Northern Kentucky River Monster and SB Nation revealed this photo:

m76q2o.jpg

Amazingly it's not Photoshopped as this page has some videos and besides the field looking hideously bad, on video you get to see just how enormous he is now. He really is a J-Load now. I'll go out on a limb and say you'll never see him play in the NFL again.

Yup, tv contracts go to road team for non conference games.

They made an exception in 2011, when Broncos at Vikings wound up being on FOX during the height of Tebowmania.

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/fox-changes-early-nfl-game-to-broncos-vikings/8234/

That was a bit of a weird circumstance, since (as the article says) FOX would have only had two 1 PM Eastern games to choose from in that scenario with games being flexed and stuff.

From a fellow fat person:  Lorenzen really looks unhealthy.

Based on the videos... he is way more mobile than me

I miss trading Eli and Tim Hasselbeck and using J-Load as my QB in Madden

Nantz and Simms will be doing the Thursday games, BUT....they're not going to work every Sunday. Don't know the specifics yet, but the general consensus is that they won't work CBS games when the Thursday Night game is a Saturday Night or when CBS only has a single timeslot on Sundays as opposed to two.

Nantz and Simms will be doing the Thursday games, BUT....they're not going to work every Sunday. Don't know the specifics yet, but the general consensus is that they won't work CBS games when the Thursday Night game is a Saturday Night or when CBS only has a single timeslot on Sundays as opposed to two.

Thursday is a Saturday Night?

Thursday is a Saturday Night?

Two games at the end of the season will be on Saturday instead of Thursday (mainly because Christmas is a Thursday this year) but the NFL had wanted to bring back the late season Saturday games anyway so yeah...

Since they are part of the package deal they are kinda sorta Thursday Night Football