DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Can anyone explain to me rather or not Jon Gruden is a good coach? Like, he has a ring with the Bucs, but I am convinced that he used Tony Dungy's team to win. Kinda like Mike Tomlin refuses to stop using Bill Cowher's last Steelers team or how dude for the Colts couldn't do shit with Manning around.

idk. All this hub bub over Gruden has gotten annoying and that weird Chucky face he did from time to time made me want to stab him with an urine soaked butterknife.

Well Dungy couldn't win with his team and Gruden could so he has that going for him.  A good guy to hire if you are close to getting to the top but not a rebuild guy

The guy from the Cleveland ESPN station has a good summary of the Browns dumpster fire

The coaches became unsatisfied with the front office’s response to holes in the roster. For example, management wanted to blend in more younger players and expected the coaches to get them up to speed. When the toll of additional injuries taxed the roster, Chudzinski was expected to win with a threadbare roster.

A case in point was the quick de-activation of cornerback Chris Owens on injured reserve to give playing time to rookie draft pick Leon McFadden, whom the coaches had buried on the bench. Owens later asked for his release once he was medically cleared from a knee injury and was signed by the Miami Dolphins.

There were disagreements between Chudzinski and General Manager Mike Lombardi, though Banner regarded them as healthy and not out of line.

Other smaller issues arose. At one point, Chudzinski was urged by Banner to “shake up” the locker room by cutting wide receiver Greg Little or guard Shawn Lauvao. Chudzinski declined, and that was interpreted as Chudzinski not holding players accountable for their failings.

In recent weeks, a disagreement arose about a future role for receivers coach Scott Turner, the son of coordinator Norv Turner. Chudzinski, a source said, wanted to switch Turner to running backs coach. Norv Turner objected and the brushfire became another strike against Chudzinski.

My favorite part though might be where the front offices acknowledges that they infuriated their current "star" players but that it is up to the new coach to fix those relationships

I love front offices that don't actually let the coach do his job and when he actually does they hold it against him. Whether he's good or bad at it, at least let him make the decisions that he's supposed to.

Draft order 1-20 (the rest will be determined based on who gets eliminated when):

1. Texans

2. Rams (via Redskins)

3. Jaguars

4. Browns

5. Raiders

6. Falcons

7. Buccaneers

8. Vikings

9. Bills

10. Lions

11. Titans

12. Giants

13. Rams

14. Bears

15. Steelers

16. Cowboys/Ravens (coin flip)

17. Cowboys/Ravens (coin flip)

18. Jets

19. Dolphins

20. Cardinals

So I don't want this to become a sleaze thread, BUT...

who is he talking about?  

Aaron Rodgers.

http://www.newnownext.com/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-quarterback-allegedly-outed-by-scorned-ex-boyfriend/12/2013/

Honestly if Rodgers came out it would be huge. The best player in the league being gay would surely make more people feel comfortable with coming out.

You know, if this is legit, AR should own it immediately. Not for the social aspect or for gay rights or anything. That is a license for him and Nike and the Packers to print money. Jason Collins didn't move the needle because he's a marginal player. Rodgers is a golden boy. It's a very lucrative opportunity.

• Like 1

You know, if this is legit, AR should own it immediately. Not for the social aspect or for gay rights or anything. That is a license for him and Nike and the Packers to print money. Jason Collins didn't move the needle because he's a marginal player. Rodgers is a golden boy. It's a very lucrative opportunity.

facepalm-card.jpg

• Like 4