DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Might as well start the thread now since things will start happening by tomorrow night.

Reports are now that the Jets are going to keep Rex Ryan

And PFT has a story today that Leslie Frazier is all but gone because the Vikings GM has "a double digit list of possible replacements"

ESPN is reporting in back to back tweets: Bill O'Brien (Penn St) is either working on a deal to become the Texans new head coach OR has emerged as the favorite

lol.  Welcome to being "Everyone Else", Penn State.

IMO, keeping Rex isn't wise.  I admire the job he did this year, but what he basically has done is knock the Jets out of a true blue-chip first-round draft pick and give himself another year of being medicore offensively.  Plus, he's due to revert to his loudmouth ways sooner or later. I think Rex is a good coach, at times a very good coach.  But for a team that desperately needs help offensively, he's not the answer

Can anyone explain to me rather or not Jon Gruden is a good coach? Like, he has a ring with the Bucs, but I am convinced that he used Tony Dungy's team to win. Kinda like Mike Tomlin refuses to stop using Bill Cowher's last Steelers team or how dude for the Colts couldn't do shit with Manning around.

idk. All this hub bub over Gruden has gotten annoying and that weird Chucky face he did from time to time made me want to stab him with an urine soaked butterknife.

Can anyone explain to me rather or not Jon Gruden is a good coach? Like, he has a ring with the Bucs, but I am convinced that he used Tony Dungy's team to win. Kinda like Mike Tomlin refuses to stop using Bill Cowher's last Steelers team or how dude for the Colts couldn't do shit with Manning around.

idk. All this hub bub over Gruden has gotten annoying and that weird Chucky face he did from time to time made me want to stab him with an urine soaked butterknife.

The breakdown I saw (assuming you're discussing the Lions potentially hiring him) is that post-SuperBowl they were terrible, never made the Playoffs and he kept going to veteran QB's instead of developing young ones.

Essentially he's a worst case scenario for Detroit. I'm pretty excited at the potential for Lovie.

The Steelers reinvented their offense around Roethlisberger and not the running game like Cowher did. We'll just never know if Cowher would have done the exact same thing.

As far as personnel goes, I think that's more organizational policy of building through the draft and not free agency than it is who's coaching because that's been consistant in both eras.