DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Is that a money thing or a DeMarcus Ware is shit now thing?

Some of both. They are cap strapped, Ware is 32 and not an every down guy anymore. Still a decent pad rusher though, and now Dallas is really lacking in a pass rush.

Hatcher leaving is a more serious blow than Ware leaving. He was one of the very few highlights on defense.

Not sure if I should put this here or in music, but this was in Peter King's column today:

"South By Southwest looks fun. To those who attend: Worthwhile to go one year?"

I don't really follow the NFL too much and am not a fan of Peter King. But I am obsessed with his column and its weirdness. His "Coffeenerdness" stuff talking about baristas at Midtown Manhattan Starbucks locations brings me neverending joy.

I had to explain S xSW yesterday. Once a musical festival, now a corporate opop culture branding showcase.

In other words, the music version of what happened to SD Comicon.

• Like 1

Between Martin and Gabbert and the talk about Harbaugh being an ass, this Niner off season has the making of being memorable for all the wrong reasons.   And if Jonathan Martin has issues with bullying wait until he gets a load of the coach

Martin played under Harbaugh at Stanford. This is just a case of him getting his guy back on the cheap and seeing if he can coach him back up. The Gabbert thing was strange but he is a guy who might progress..  maybe Harbaugh can develop him to a point where they can get back a better pick than the one they gave up.

Martin played under Harbaugh at Stanford. This is just a case of him getting his guy back on the cheap and seeing if he can coach him back up. The Gabbert thing was strange but he is a guy who might progress..  maybe Harbaugh can develop him to a point where they can get back a better pick than the one they gave up.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Thanks for the pick, though.

• Like 1

Dolphins sign LT Branden Albert. 5/46. $25M guaranteed.

That's a case of The Price Is The Price, I guess. But they get someone who was healthy and productive last season and hopefully now that LT position is taken care of.

Dolphins also grabbed Earl Mitchell from Houston to fill Solei's spot, which is only a slight downgrade.

It'll be interesting to see what Miami does with the draft now since everyone had them figured for taking an LT early.

Between Martin and Gabbert and the talk about Harbaugh being an ass, this Niner off season has the making of being memorable for all the wrong reasons.   And if Jonathan Martin has issues with bullying wait until he gets a load of the coach

Am I the only one who thinks it is a shame that the 49ers are ineligible to be forced to appear on Hard Knocks?

Linval Joseph to Minnesota. This makes me happy. It may also make Phil sad.

Eh.... The Giants seem to always be on this cycle where they lose their interior linemen every three or four years. (just like they keep having a new TE each year)

I just wish they would stop signing guys from the Raiders

I know they were looking at the Packers Center, but I have no clue if that's still happening.

Edit: I guess he's meeting with Tampa as well.

Denver clearly going all in on however much time Manning has left.

Ware is already in Denver and by all accounts is the prohibitive favorite to sign him. Either they win this year or blow the whole thing up.

A combo of Ware and Von Miller would be as deadly as their offense.