DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Well for the people who apparently thought they would support Ray Rice, maybe the TMZ video of the Atlantic City hotel elevator might change things.   But I doubt it

We were having a conversation at work about how we would take our girlfriends out of an elevator if she was passed out drunk.  He basically did the exact opposite of what any of us described.  Could you imagine laying your girlfriend face down on the floor of a public building?  I can't claim to know all the facts of this case, but the lack of care he treated her with in that video is more than troubling.  I'm a fairly strong guy who is roughly the same size as Ray Rice, and I couldn't see myself putting my girlfriend down at all, let alone laying her face down and kicking(or nudging with his foot as some people have described it) her foot out of the door so the elevator could close.  He just seemed so casual and so careless about it.

Darren Sharper's situation is insane.  The amount of women in the amount of different states, makes me believe he is absolutely guilty.  The thing that is really bothering me about it though is how many rape victims never come forward.  Just based on statistics there could be dozens of women who haven't come forward.  The strange thing is that these were women who went back to his place, they were probably going to have sex with him willingly.  He chose to not have consentual sex with women willing to have consentual sex with him, that shows a pathology that makes me think he has done this way more times than has been reported.

Well for the people who apparently thought they would support Ray Rice, maybe the TMZ video of the Atlantic City hotel elevator might change things.   But I doubt it

We were having a conversation at work about how we would take our girlfriends out of an elevator if she was passed out drunk.  He basically did the exact opposite of what any of us described.  Could you imagine laying your girlfriend face down on the floor of a public building?  I can't claim to know all the facts of this case, but the lack of care he treated her with in that video is more than troubling.  I'm a fairly strong guy who is roughly the same size as Ray Rice, and I couldn't see myself putting my girlfriend down at all, let alone laying her face down and kicking(or nudging with his foot as some people have described it) her foot out of the door so the elevator could close.  He just seemed so casual and so careless about it.

Considering there's apparently video of him punching her, all of this conjecture feels more futile.

Considering there's apparently video of him punching her, all of this conjecture feels more futile.

I agree, but we were just commenting on how little care he seemed to have for a woman he asked to marry him.  I wouldn't treat a woman who I met that night that thoughtlessly.  I don't even need to see the video of him actually hitting her to understand that there is a much bigger problem going on here.

PFT has a report that per multiple league sources - the Browns and Niners had a deal in place this offseason that would have given the rights to Jim Harbaugh to the Browns for multiple draft picks.

It fell through when Harbaugh decided he didnt want to leave San Fran

Unnamed Niners sources are saying that is bullshit

PFT has a report that per multiple league sources - the Browns and Niners had a deal in place this offseason that would have given the rights to Jim Harbaugh to the Browns for multiple draft picks.

Now denied by named Niners sources, Jed York tweeted that it was untrue.

http://deadspin.com/san-francisco-49ers-ceo-sons-pro-football-talks-mike-f-1528276367

Joe Bussell is a former Tampa ops guy who runs a site called NFL Philosophy. It's gained some traction in football circles. He tweeted that the alleged deal made no sense and must be baloneyium, only get later tweet that he was deluged with messages from folks he trusts saying that San Fran had indeed worked on a trade with the Brownies

Trust who you like

EDIT: Mort chimed in that it wasn't just true - it was damn true

Now denied by named Niners sources, Jed York tweeted that it was untrue.

http://deadspin.com/san-francisco-49ers-ceo-sons-pro-football-talks-mike-f-1528276367

That was great.

Oh lord the ESPN bottom line thing as a scroll didn't catch who said it but that the NFL might have a rule next year that would be an auto 15 yard penalty any time a player used the N-Word on the field and an auto ejection for the second use.

So would it be called the "Incongnito"  -_-

would be interesting if the rule if it actually becomes one holds the same for the F-word (and don't mean fuck either)

What an awful rule. Without derailing this thread into "LOCKED" territory, what's next? 15 yards for trash talking? Then we'd have to hear Jim Nantz and Marv Albert awkwardly dance around what the penalty is for. But hey, I guess there aren't enough rules in the game already.

• Like 1

Ian Rapoport just said on the NFL Network that he thinks the NY Jets are a "realistic landing site" for Michael Vick.  That the Jets will bring him in to push Geno Smith and be a mentor for him, basically telling Smith "Don't do what Michael Vick did" and getting playing time.

Ian Rapoport just said on the NFL Network that he thinks the NY Jets are a "realistic landing site" for Michael Vick.  That the Jets will bring him in to push Geno Smith and be a mentor for him, basically telling Smith "Don't do what Michael Vick did" and getting playing time.

LOL

The best part was Chris Rose flipping out because "Don't the Jets worry that they'll alienate their young QB, much the same way they did with Tebow!" before one of the other guys said basically "Smith wasn't a Top 5 pick, a first round pick, and if he can't handle this, then they'll just cut ties."  You would think with how upset Rose was, they were talking about bringing in Michael Vick to mentor Joe Montana or something.