DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Peace Out Ray Rice

NFL: Where a college player coming out as gay is seen as a major national story but a dude fighting with his girlfriend, dragging her unconscious body, and both of them getting arrested, doesn't even make the front page of ESPN.com.

Edit: It's not even on the front page of the NFL section of ESPN.com.  Way to protect your clients, ESPN!

• Like 1

Hey, it's a woman Rice knocked out stone cold.  Since it's a woman, it's OK!  NO H***! <_<

So much damn wrong with these dudes, I'm surprised we don't have more Aaron Hernadezes running around.

We don't?

rae_carruth_1997_08_03.jpg

Jovan-Belcher1.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

RayLewisRavens.jpg

010914_marvin-harrison_600.jpg

Not quite the same but there's also this guy:

Donte.jpg

Hey, it's a woman Rice knocked out stone cold.  Since it's a woman, it's OK!  NO H***! <_<

So much damn wrong with these dudes, I'm surprised we don't have more Aaron Hernadezes running around.

We don't?

rae_carruth_1997_08_03.jpg

Jovan-Belcher1.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

RayLewisRavens.jpg

010914_marvin-harrison_600.jpg

Not quite the same but there's also this guy:

Donte.jpg

Not to trivialize, but that's only seven players, including Hernandez.  With nearly 1700 players in the league at any given time, having seven guys caught up in that sort of drama over a 15-20 year period isn't high.

I'm surprised it's not higher, considering how they're combining common stupidity with head injuries and roid rage.

The 08 Skins draft class might be the worst one ever

Still find it funny that Devin Thomas somehow luckboxed his way to a Super Bowl ring with the Giants. Hell, instead of Thomas and Kelly we could have had Jordy Nelson and DeSean Jackson as WRs! Damn you Vinny Cerrato!

What makes the Ray Rice shit even more gross to me as a Ravens fan is how active he is in promoting anti-bullying causes and the such. As fucked up as this is to say, I almost would have preferred he just got a DUI - yeah it's also a miserable thing, but the conversation would have pretty much ended at "what an irresponsible dumbass", as opposed to more and more details coming out and him looking like a colossal shithead instead of just a shithead.

Not to trivialize, but that's only seven players, including Hernandez.  With nearly 1700 players in the league at any given time, having seven guys caught up in that sort of drama over a 15-20 year period isn't high.

I'm surprised it's not higher, considering how they're combining common stupidity with head injuries and roid rage.

That's 5 players who killed someone, one who probably did or at the very least covered one up (RayRay), and one who probably did but hasn't been charged (Marvin).

That doesn't even begin to count all the raping (Darren Sharper, holla!), drug dealing, assaulting, stealing, DUI'ing, or dog fighting.

How many guys in the NHL/MLB/NBA - combined - have killed somebody?

That's 5 players who killed someone, one who probably did or at the very least covered one up (RayRay), and one who probably did but hasn't been charged (Marvin).

That doesn't even begin to count all the raping (Darren Sharper, holla!), drug dealing, assaulting, stealing, DUI'ing, or dog fighting.

How many guys in the NHL/MLB/NBA - combined - have killed somebody?

The ones off the top of my head are ugueth Urbina, Carl Mays(killed ray chapman with a pitch) and Ty Cobb(if you believe the stories). Now I know there are more, but that's the ones I can think of in over a 100 years. . . .

Well for the people who apparently thought they would support Ray Rice, maybe the TMZ video of the Atlantic City hotel elevator might change things.   But I doubt it

We were having a conversation at work about how we would take our girlfriends out of an elevator if she was passed out drunk.  He basically did the exact opposite of what any of us described.  Could you imagine laying your girlfriend face down on the floor of a public building?  I can't claim to know all the facts of this case, but the lack of care he treated her with in that video is more than troubling.  I'm a fairly strong guy who is roughly the same size as Ray Rice, and I couldn't see myself putting my girlfriend down at all, let alone laying her face down and kicking(or nudging with his foot as some people have described it) her foot out of the door so the elevator could close.  He just seemed so casual and so careless about it.

Darren Sharper's situation is insane.  The amount of women in the amount of different states, makes me believe he is absolutely guilty.  The thing that is really bothering me about it though is how many rape victims never come forward.  Just based on statistics there could be dozens of women who haven't come forward.  The strange thing is that these were women who went back to his place, they were probably going to have sex with him willingly.  He chose to not have consentual sex with women willing to have consentual sex with him, that shows a pathology that makes me think he has done this way more times than has been reported.

Well for the people who apparently thought they would support Ray Rice, maybe the TMZ video of the Atlantic City hotel elevator might change things.   But I doubt it

We were having a conversation at work about how we would take our girlfriends out of an elevator if she was passed out drunk.  He basically did the exact opposite of what any of us described.  Could you imagine laying your girlfriend face down on the floor of a public building?  I can't claim to know all the facts of this case, but the lack of care he treated her with in that video is more than troubling.  I'm a fairly strong guy who is roughly the same size as Ray Rice, and I couldn't see myself putting my girlfriend down at all, let alone laying her face down and kicking(or nudging with his foot as some people have described it) her foot out of the door so the elevator could close.  He just seemed so casual and so careless about it.

Considering there's apparently video of him punching her, all of this conjecture feels more futile.