DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

What a dumpster fire. They hire Chud, draft Weeden, trade Richardson, fire Chud, then gut the whole front office. So, all the Browns have to show for the last year is...Brandon Weeden.

Nah, they essentially get a re-do on drafting Richardson since they raped the Colts.  That is a positive for sure. 

That was a great trade for Cleveland.

What a dumpster fire. They hire Chud, draft Weeden, trade Richardson, fire Chud, then gut the whole front office. So, all the Browns have to show for the last year is...Brandon Weeden.

Nah, they essentially get a re-do on drafting Richardson since they raped the Colts.  That is a positive for sure. 

*cough*

80451230.jpg

That it was. Have to give the Browns credit for that one.

There was a rumor out there that the Colts had a deal in place for another back before the Richardson thing went down. It may or may not have been Toby Gerhart, who I assume they could have gotten for a hell of a lot less than they gave up for Richardson.

Then again, the Colts will probably just sign Gerhart this off-season anyway.

Whisenhunt is the man for this. Guy did Browns fans a favor if it helped lead to Banner being ousted:

Former San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt accepted the Tennessee Titans’ head-coaching job on Jan. 13, two days after he interviewed with the Browns for the second year in a row. Whisenhunt also interviewed with Haslam and Banner in January 2013 after the Arizona Cardinals fired him following his sixth season as their head coach and before the Browns hired Chudzinski.
According to King’s column, the following scene unfolded last month during the meeting between the two sides:
Whisenhunt asked the Browns’ brass why it didn’t hire him in 2013. Banner told Whisenhunt he didn’t think the staff he was assembling at the time was “a championship coaching staff.” Whisenhunt, an unnamed NFL source told King, became angry that Banner, who had never coached and who had been involved in football primarily on the business side, would judge his potential coaches. “Who are you to tell me what makes up a championship coaching staff?” Whisenhunt said.

As per earlier discussion, it appears the 49ers won't officially open their new stadium until week 2, so the Thursday opener at Seattle may still be a possibility, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys get that spot.  Their pretty much guaranteed the Week 2 Sunday Night game.  I figured NBC wouldn't want a team on two weeks in a row so early in the season, so that's why i figure the 'Boys get Seattle in Week one.

As per earlier discussion, it appears the 49ers won't officially open their new stadium until week 2, so the Thursday opener at Seattle may still be a possibility, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys get that spot.  Their pretty much guaranteed the Week 2 Sunday Night game.  I figured NBC wouldn't want a team on two weeks in a row so early in the season, so that's why i figure the 'Boys get Seattle in Week one.

2014 means NFC West vs AFC West in inter-conference play so beginning the season with a Super Bowl Rematch is a possibility.

Perhaps a less attractive possibility in light of how one-sided the Super Bowl was, but still...

As per earlier discussion, it appears the 49ers won't officially open their new stadium until week 2, so the Thursday opener at Seattle may still be a possibility, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys get that spot. Their pretty much guaranteed the Week 2 Sunday Night game. I figured NBC wouldn't want a team on two weeks in a row so early in the season, so that's why i figure the 'Boys get Seattle in Week one.

2014 means NFC West vs AFC West in inter-conference play so beginning the season with a Super Bowl Rematch is a possibility.

Perhaps a less attractive possibility in light of how one-sided the Super Bowl was, but still...

That only works if Donkys were slated to go to Seattle as one of the two away games. Not sure how they decide that part.

Lions dumped Burleson and Delmas for Fowler.

Burleson, when healthy, will be missed.  Delmas was never healthy, so won't be missed.

Burleson has been a 100% class act since arriving in Detroit and has made no secret of his love for the city and its fans, who have definitely returned the favor.  Sad to see him go.

• Like 1

I figured the Week 2 SNF game will be Chiefs at 49ers.  Good storyline with Smith vs. Kaepernick and the new stadium gets showcased