DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I moved the Michael Sam stuff to the NFL Draft thread since most of the stuff now is "WILL HIS DRAFT STATUS BE AFFECTED?!?!?!?!?!"

Plus he technically isn't in the league yet.

Meanwhile - members of Congress are encouraging Roger Goodell to make the Redskins to change their name. Yeah... that will turn out well.

Please oh please tell me these are GOP members cause that would be SO FUNNY!

Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA), chairwoman of the Indian Affairs Committee, and Representative Tom Cole (R-OK), a member of the Native American Caucus, are joining forces on the letter.

Even better is that apparently Farmer wasn't even a part of the hiring process of Mike Pettine

So yup - they already have a GM who inherited a coach... and neither has even started yet

What a dumpster fire. They hire Chud, draft Weeden, trade Richardson, fire Chud, then gut the whole front office. So, all the Browns have to show for the last year is...Brandon Weeden.

I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment, but Weeden was drafted with Richardson two years ago. Last year they drafted Barkevious Mingo. This whole situation is a disaster. They won't improve unless Haslem has to sell.

Did Mingo have a decent season? I just remember him being the recipient of one of my favorite "anonymous scout" pre-Draft burn notices last year, when the guy said Mingo "led the nation in high-fives and chest bumps," the implication being he always the first guy on the scene after somebody else made the play.

Keep in mind too that he missed all of training camp, preseason and the first two games with a punctured lung. He certainly hit a wall at some point and would disappear for long stretches but he wasn't a disaster by any means. The defense actually wasn't all that terrible. I think with another linebacker that can drop back in to coverage they will be a very solid unit moving forward.

What a dumpster fire. They hire Chud, draft Weeden, trade Richardson, fire Chud, then gut the whole front office. So, all the Browns have to show for the last year is...Brandon Weeden.

Nah, they essentially get a re-do on drafting Richardson since they raped the Colts.  That is a positive for sure. 

Nah, they essentially get a re-do on drafting Richardson since they raped the Colts.  That is a positive for sure. 

*cough*

7-sad-dog-pictures-animal-pictures.jpg

• Like 1