DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

On the 2000 Ravens' America's Game, Dilfer told a story about how his playbook ended up stolen in Nashville and weeks later recognized during their playoff matchup that the Titans knew every formation Baltimore had.

Sounds like his m.o.

Apparently the Rams owner has purchased 60 acres of land in LA, for a possible stadium. The Rams are going home, one would think. . . 

Which is weird, considering LA is already in the process of building a stadium Downtown. Unless they're heading back to Anaheim, ugh.

So Luke Kuechly - as predicted by moi, your boy Veeg - got DPOY which I'm fine with.

Riverboat Ron got coach of the year, and I know it's based on the regular season and I know he did a lot, but I just don't see it. They had more than one moment of dreadful coaching this year - they were 1-3 to start, lest we forget - and they were horrendously coached against SF in the playoffs. Frankly, I don't think he did the best coaching job in their division, much less the league.

Now, if there was a defensive coordinator of the year award, I'd be all about McDermott winning that.

I was under the impression the Farmers' Field deal was dead, esp when Tim Liwecke left AEG and wound up in Toronto.

I thought so too, but it seems like it's still on the table, just not a top priority. I know Garcetti has been talking to Goodell, so I don't think it's totally abandoned.

FYI - The Seahawks can host the opening Thursday game as the Mariners aren't home that day.

EDIT - The Possible choices for opponent are "49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, Broncos, Raiders, and Packers."

I would prefer it be the Giants so they can get that ass beating over with.

But if I was beating, one would assume it would be Broncos, Niners, Cowboys in that order of preference (though you know CBS will fight tooth and nail to keep the Seattle game)

FYI - The Seahawks can host the opening Thursday game as the Mariners aren't home that day.

EDIT - The Possible choices for opponent are "49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, Broncos, Raiders, and Packers."

But if I was beating, one would assume it would be Broncos, Niners, Cowboys in that order of preference (though you know CBS will fight tooth and nail to keep the Seattle game)

Wouldn't Broncos @ Sea actually be a Fox? I thought when AFC teams are the away team its on Fox.

I would guess the 49ers would be a shoe in for the Thursday opener.  But NBC loves dem Cowboys, so I wouldn't be surprised if they got the nod.  I'm assume the NFL would ask the brass at NBC who they would want.

So getting back to it I would guess Fox would fight hard to keep one of the two Sea/49er games since you know NBC/ESPN would also like one for either SNF/MNF. If the NFL sticks with the idea of having a couple divisional games to end the year you'd think Sea/49ers would be slotted for week 17 with the hope it would be a winner wins the West/1st/2nd seed. So I think we might end up with Cowboys @ Seahawks to open the season.