DVDVR Message Board

Jeff Jarret RESIGNS from TNA

EN090

According to Forbes, he's worth 500 million dollars and made 65 million dollars last year. The lowest he's made in the last 5 years is 48 million.

Lord, I have never before been tempted to make a "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" .gif in my life, until this very moment.

He'll put a boot in your ass; it's the American way.

God! The romanticism of JJ. Amazing. One of the best con artists in pro wrestling's history. Racist, doesn't want to pay the boys, doesn't want to take care of medical bills unless the injured party is a STAR, etc. Simply Amazing. The reaction around the web has been halirious and some people are taking it to a SAINT level with the guy.

Like I said, he came out of the Konnan lawsuit looking pretty despicable and practically proud of his warped view of the world. 

If you have sources, would you mind helping me source this? I knew of the lawsuit, but I am not able to find any transcripts or summaries of what was said in deposition/at trial online. I would just love to read it and research more about the topic. 

It was online on Justia for a while, not sure if it is anymore. Things that stand out in my mind are Jarrett calling Ron Killings "uppity" to his face and yelling racial slurs at Konnan in front of tons of people. There were also claims of heavy drug use and whatnot.

Konnan was also claiming Jeff and TNA refused to pay the medical bills of ethnic minorities (in fairness, time has shown they pretty much fuck over everyone, regardless of race.)

Bill Behrens (he used to work there, and now handles outside bookings for people) talked about it on his podcast ages ago. Basically, Dixie didn't want to settle at first, but as soon as the lawyers started looking into it, it became clear how blatant and hideous the behavior of Jeff and other higher-ups was. TNA had no choice but to pay him off. Along with the Karen thing, this all contributed to Jeff losing a great deal of power

Jeff is really the last guy you want in charge of a company. I'd question the wisdom of WWE or AAA bringing him in for a office role too.

I remember the Killings thing and Jarrett calling him "uppity" came out in 2005 on the internet.  Doesn't surprise me it was true.

I think people defended it that Killings and Jarrett are friends and razz on each other this way.  

This could be unrelated, but I also remember reading that Dixie Carter's husband was accused of sexually harassing Karen Angle/Jarrett.

I remember the Killings thing and Jarrett calling him "uppity" came out in 2005 on the internet.  Doesn't surprise me it was true.

I think people defended it that Killings and Jarrett are friends and razz on each other this way.  

This could be unrelated, but I also remember reading that Dixie Carter's husband was accused of sexually harassing Karen Angle/Jarrett.

They don't call him Serge for nothing.

(Yes, I know it's "Serg," but the joke doesn't work then.)

Meltzer said the Jarrett departure may be a bigger deal than it looks on the surface, people fleeing the sinking ship, etc. He also reiterated that Jeff wants to start a whole new wrestling promotion. Presumably because his first attempt worked out so well.  Dixie's apparently pissed, hence why she went out of her way on twitter to remind him he was still an investor.

Meltzer said the Jarrett departure may be a bigger deal than it looks on the surface, people fleeing the sinking ship, etc. He also reiterated that Jeff wants to start a whole new wrestling promotion. Presumably because his first attempt worked out so well.  Dixie's apparently pissed, hence why she went out of her way on twitter to remind him he was still an investor.

Because Meltzer's been so spot on with his TNA predictions.

Depending on your definition of "stars", you could do a decent start-up with AJ, Hero, Morrison, Gallows, JJ, Masters, MVP (all of whom are on the Styles level) and some international talent from AAA and Wrestle-1, if garnished with some indie guys in the mix. Plus some of the guys TNA released like Crimson and Ryan.

Saying "uppity" is racist? And people shit on me for saying "whigger" was offensive ...

It's an old, white Southern term for a Black person who thought they were "as good" as whites. Jarrett pretty much told Killings "Know your place, Boy."