DVDVR Message Board

Jeff Jarret RESIGNS from TNA

EN090

Jeff Jarrett has generally been a shitty boss and promoter:

-Brought in Vince Russo

-tried to build TNA around himself, a massive failure.

-was so casually and openly racist to Konnan, Ron Killings and others, Dixie had to pay Konnan close to $1 million just to avoid going to court

-TNA's scummy practices of low pay and refusal to pay medical bills seems to have started from him,

And let's not forget fucking over his own father.

God! The romanticism of JJ. Amazing. One of the best con artists in pro wrestling's history. Racist, doesn't want to pay the boys, doesn't want to take care of medical bills unless the injured party is a STAR, etc. Simply Amazing. The reaction around the web has been halirious and some people are taking it to a SAINT level with the guy.

Craig H said it all. They have no credibility left with fans and need a complete rebranding. I don't even trust this JJ story being on the level. It would be just like TNA to have a bunch of workers leave only to return in some horrible invasion angle.

TNA is a waste of time because they rarely have great matches. The best you can expect when buying a show is good match quality. In the last year the Shield has had more great matches than TNA has in its entire existence. It hurts the TV show as well. Since who cares about the build to a match when the match has a 0% chance of being great? There is a ton of available wrestling content at the moment. Makes watching stuff that is average at best not worth the time. 

There is a thread in PWO that has been going on for years asking of TNA is the worst wrestling promotion ever. The answer is an obvious yes. At least XPW had the courtesy to die quickly. The only value TNA has at the moment is the DVDVR twitter account.

I don't know what PWO is but

4 years and multiple revivals isn't a quick death for XPW

They need to watch some fucking Global, some east coast indies, and cut back on the hyperbole

They also need to look up Mr. California, master of the bear foot thumbtack match (sic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IZlRsH4wnE

• Like 1

TNA has always fucked themselves they were co-promoting those house shows with Hermie Sadler that were drawing good crowds and building an audience in the mid-Atlantic region then they just stopped idk if it was cuz they were booking in high school gyms or what they were only four years at they time and just started doing house shows you gotta start somewhere. I've always thought that a wrestling promotion should look at independent rappers especially southern rappers as the proper way to promote and market yourself, you gotta to aggressively be at there letting people know who you just like selling tapes out your car you gotta spend money on local spots radip newspaper and TV have guys with some name value sign autographs at car lots and whatnot but TNA never wanted to do it. and not pulling the trigger on Guys like Joe, Lethal, Brown and others and AJ not being there Cena like theyb guy instead of being Christian and then Angles lackey. All that time Angle and Sting were trading the title Joe and AJ shouldve been trading the title. And Team 3D and Foley shouldve never been the forefront of the FrontLine during the Frontline MEM fued. I could go on but TNA had a great roster and they fucked it up. And I liked the goofy gimmicks for the mid card cuz everybody has a character you can get behind. END Rant.

God! The romanticism of JJ. Amazing. One of the best con artists in pro wrestling's history. Racist, doesn't want to pay the boys, doesn't want to take care of medical bills unless the injured party is a STAR, etc. Simply Amazing. The reaction around the web has been halirious and some people are taking it to a SAINT level with the guy.

I love the whole "he should go to AAA!" thing.

I know Jeff has probably been on his best behavior during his brief stints there in the past, but I'm not sure long-term he could last without saying or doing dumb to someone.

Like I said, he came out of the Konnan lawsuit looking pretty despicable and practically proud of his warped view of the world. 

In hindsight, him being on the first TNA show is pretty damned amazing in hindsight (and really then it was impressive since he was a huge deal with that FUCK YA 'MERICA! song. Jeff documentary also showed that his family's been close with Taylor Swift for a long time - I wonder if he tried to get her to buy or invest in the company.

• Like 1

Toby Keith was no secret.  They lost Direct Auto and Jarrett's been trying to get new investors on board for the past couple of years.

Lot of you guys are unneccessarily harsh on Jarrett and blaming him for things that weren't even his fault.  Guy mortgaged his home to get TNA off the ground and helped get a lot new guys their first national exposure.  That's admirable.  His booking was the shits though.

You know whose booking isn't the shits?  Mine!  You people should make yourselves useful and Tweet Dixie Carter, Viacom, Bischoff, Hervey, your mom, etc. and let them know that Ben's the guy TNA needs.  Be all, "S'up Dix. You know who your guy is? Ben's your guy! Give Ben money and he'll write good for TNA!"

I'm not just joking around.  I really want the job.  I got the roadmap to BFG '14 marinating in my brain cells already.  I got an angle for Kurt Angle that's so good it'll put hair on his head again.  I've even got fucking Knockouts ideas.  That's 'fucking' as an adjective not a verb but I'm up for whatever they need cause I'm a team player.

• Like 8

According to Forbes, he's worth 500 million dollars and made 65 million dollars last year. The lowest he's made in the last 5 years is 48 million.

Lord, I have never before been tempted to make a "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" .gif in my life, until this very moment.

• Like 2

Toby Keith buys it, adds country music performances every week and skews the whole deal heavy redneck in an attempt to draw the big crowds for redneck shows on TV. People based on the "Duck Dynasty" guys would make a good wrestling stable. All the good guys could gather together after the matches and eat and pray and learn something about themselves.

Then Jesse James Dupree of Jackyl could jump off a 20-foot cage onto a flaming table. 

This indirectly brings me back to my longstanding only-two-word plan to turn TNA around (Ben, are you reading this? This idea's on me, man): Cody Deaner.

TNA has always fucked themselves they were co-promoting those house shows with Hermie Sadler that were drawing good crowds and building an audience in the mid-Atlantic region then they just stopped idk if it was cuz they were booking in high school gyms or what they were only four years at they time and just started doing house shows you gotta start somewhere

IIRC, UWF stopped running shows using the TNA name after a couple shows got canceled because the TNA wrestlers got yanked at the last moment.  According to Meltzer, TNA wanted to stop doing co-promoted shows so they could run house shows under their own banner.

In hindsight, him being on the first TNA show is pretty damned amazing in hindsight (and really then it was impressive since he was a huge deal with that FUCK YA 'MERICA! song. Jeff documentary also showed that his family's been close with Taylor Swift for a long time - I wonder if he tried to get her to buy or invest in the company.

It would never, ever happen, but the notion that Taylor Swift could end up on Impact in the Brooke Hogan role is amusingly surreal.

Like I said, he came out of the Konnan lawsuit looking pretty despicable and practically proud of his warped view of the world. 

If you have sources, would you mind helping me source this? I knew of the lawsuit, but I am not able to find any transcripts or summaries of what was said in deposition/at trial online. I would just love to read it and research more about the topic.