DVDVR Message Board

Justified

Jrag

Yeah, I marked out with the mason jars and I was wondering if Loretta was going to pull the Mags Bennett move on Ty.

I got a chuckle out of the Jake Busey cameo.  Was his fate sealed by his own phone?

Dickie Bennett appearance is always a plus.

We know what the next series on FX will be:  Wynn Duff:  Surfin' Safari

Ha. I almost forgot about BEACH BUM WYNN DUFFY.  That halfway makes up for the rest of my complaints.

I got a chuckle out of the Jake Busey cameo.  Was his fate sealed by his own phone?

I think so.  It always makes me laugh when someone pulls a..

Lost_Arzt.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, Boyd and Wynn covered in Wiz - and no-selling the fuck out of it - was your "HOLY SHIT!" moment of the year, so far.

It does seem, though, that the show's doing a victory lap/nostalgia tour to wrap up its run.  One episode of Dewey, Loretta and Dickie this week,

Deppity Bob and Limehouse next week

...who else is left to bring back?

At least Jacob Pitt and his dry-as-dust deadpan are getting more screentime,

It does seem, though, that the show's doing a victory lap/nostalgia tour to wrap up its run.  One episode of Dewey, Loretta and Dickie this week,

Deppity Bob and Limehouse next week

...who else is left to bring back?

You forgot about the return of the Instant Classic

CHOO CHOOOOOOOO

• 2 weeks later...

This season has been so great, it almost makes me wonder if there wasn't some Secret Writers Strike last year and season 5 was written by a bunch of scabs. What an amazing turnaround from that turd to this brilliance.

This is right there with PARKS AND REC, as far as shows where the penultimate season had you thinking "Okay, it's been fun, but it's time for this to go," only for the final season to have you going NO NEVER LEAVE.

• Like 2

I know! Holy shit, this season has been awesome. Another face to face with Raylan and Boyd, Raylan sets up Avery to dole out $100k to Boyd, another Avery and Boyd face to face, GHOST ARLO (I let out a "holy shit!" at that), Mikey the tennis player!, an Art and Katherine Hale showdown revealing Hale's motives, Raylan setting up some shit to go down with Zacharia/Lapidus, etc.

God damn this was a fucking great episode, but the thing that sticks out in my mind the most is Raylan and Boyd's reaction to the vault. There's no way Raylan would turn full outlaw, but part of me wants Raylan and Boyd to both make off with some of that vault money.

• Like 1

This is getting intense, setting up this wild three-way dance to end the series...and who the fuck knows what Wynn Duffy is going to end up doing at the end of the day.

HE LOVES GUAC!

This season has been so great, it almost makes me wonder if there wasn't some Secret Writers Strike last year and season 5 was written by a bunch of scabs. What an amazing turnaround from that turd to this brilliance.

My sentiments exactly, it's almost like it was two different shows.

The bit with Arlo sure had me confused, at first I thought Raylan had faked Arlo's death and was hiding him for some bizarre reason then I thought Raylan had straight up lost his mind but then I thought, that's cool that they had found a way to bring Arlo back for a scene and explore their relationship one last time

God damn. Only a few episodes left. One minute I think Boyd will survive and the next he's back to being a greedy asshole. Goddammit Boyd, take the high road. Help Loretta, sneer at Raylan when he leaves for Florida, and leave shit be. I doubt that happens, but I'd like it for Boyd to live.

Something else I don't get is why Raylan hates Boyd so much. Boyd has helped Raylan a few times, even saved his life, and told Raylan he's the only friend Boyd has. Raylan just keeps up the pressure, pushing Boyd down a dark path that he knows Boyd will take. At the same time, I feel like Boyd would take a better path if fucking Raylan weren't always being a dick. That said, the animosity goes back before Boyd got out of prison. You'd think Boyd fucked Raylan's mom or something, but as far as I can recall, nothing happened. So is it just that Raylan sees Boyd as nothing but a bad guy?

Also, I love Loretta becoming such a force.

Man, what a final season this has been. Last season was like the shitty cool down the crowd match at Wrestlemania and this season is the main event. Well, the main event from previous years, not this year.

I feel like the Boyd/Raylan relationship fundamentally changed when Arlo began treating Boyd like a son.  That was the same season Arlo shot at some dude in a cowboy hat because he thought it was Raylan.

Since then it feels like catching Boyd is more about Raylan working out his daddy issues than as an endgame to a childhood rivalry. 

Also, I'm hyped for the shootout with the kid who doesn't know who John Wayne is.  While his scene with Raylan was happening in the Portal, I had this weird thought that he was going to be the one that Raylan can't outgun.

Chances are that kid is dead by the finale, but if he is still alive when the OFFICIAL BOYD VS. RAYLAN SHOOTOUT starts, keep an eye out for him.

Yeah, dudes you think will be a threat are usually just redshirts. I thought one of the PMC guys would be a threat to Raylan and all those guys are now dead. Still a whole bunch of volatile elements left. Part of me also thinks that Ava will be responsible for killing two Crowders.