DVDVR Message Board

THE FUTURE OF MARCH MADNESS

jaedmc

MARCH MADNESS CHANGES  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which countries should be involved?

• USA ONLY
    • USA/JAPAN ONLY
    • THE WHOLE GLOBE (LUCHA/PURO/AMERICAN/SENEGALESE)

Oh, btw.. I voted for U.S. only because that's pretty much all most people here have seen. I would not be opposed to including the rest of the world though. I agree with whoever said maybe put 16 WWE guys on the left side of the top half of the bracket and another 16 WWE on the other side. Put Bryan and Punk in the same bracket. Really, Punk doesn't deserve to be a one seed anyway.

Then you can fill out a bracket with indy/TNA guys and another 16 for Japan/Lucha or just Japan if you feel nobody watches Lucha.

On the old board I did a viewing habits survey to get an idea as to how good an idea something like this would be. Overwhelmingly more people watch US Only than any other combination (Japan Only, US/Japan, Lucha Only, All three, etc.) It's not a surprise.

If the darkside of March Madness is the bitching and flaming, then the brightside is having good reason to watching MOAR WRESTLING. I'm not even asking people to do homework and watch a ton of shit in advance. I'm just saying, when I put that youtube clip of some guy you've never seen, whether it's some indy guy wrestling in front of 35 people OR Shinsuke Nakamura throwing down with Kota Ibushi, just give it a shot.

I'd rather turn March Madness into a light hearted celebration of good wrestling the world over than a insular flame war.

I'm not going to go full hog and put in 30 Japanese guys. I'll take it nice and slow baby. If interest grows the number grows. Motion. Ocean. Sun Moon and Stars YEAH YEAH YEAH.

I'd rather turn March Madness into a light hearted celebration of good wrestling the world over than a insular flame war.

When are you going to stop being Vince McMahon good guy commentator, and start being Vince McMahon evil chairman of the World Wrestling Federation?

I voted US only, but I do love when people get all indignant about some awesome indie or international guy losing to a WWE midcarder. I oft vote for WWE guys who deserve to lose just to see more outrage.

It is a purposely subjective popularity contest that allows you to vote for whomever you want for whatever reason you want. It is pure bliss.

I extended an olive branch, though that was mostly because I'm really only bad for that month and I'd rather not have a repeat of last year and I thought I could do some good in the process. *

*granted, it would have left FSW without a counterbalance.

Bryan will win and everyone will be pissed for different reasons.  That's pretty much guaranteed and YOU CAN"T STOP IT JAE.  That being said, you might as well do whatever you want to mix it up.  I voted US only because they are the only guys who have a chance to do well, but it's not like these other US guys have a chance to win it all either.

I am saving up all of my hatred for what the Yes! chant has become and how it is now a hindrance to Bryan's character development.  It's going to get ugly.

It's cute that you think including non-US wrestlers is somehow going to accomplish the former rather when the latter is almost certainly what you'll get.

I really hate making a bracket for Indy/TNA and Japan/Mexico brackets. It's a terrible idea. Those matches will get half the votes of the WWE ones if that, and it will lead to completely anti-climactic semi-finals when whoever from the E crushes them by 60.

Fuck, can anyone even name someone on the Indys who would have a legit shot at the Sweet 16 this year? Generico was the last great hope, and he's on the E side now.

I really hate making a bracket for Indy/TNA and Japan/Mexico brackets. It's a terrible idea. Those matches will get half the votes of the WWE ones if that, and it will lead to completely anti-climactic semi-finals when whoever from the E crushes them by 60.

Fuck, can anyone even name someone on the Indys who would have a legit shot at the Sweet 16 this year? Generico was the last great hope, and he's on the E side now.

Either way you do it the sweet 16 is going to be 14 WWE guys. That's why I voted for "U.S. only"

I extended an olive branch, though that was mostly because I'm really only bad for that month and I'd rather not have a repeat of last year and I thought I could do some good in the process. *

*granted, it would have left FSW without a counterbalance.

What about your recent trolling effort?

Lack of familiarity isn't really a valid reason to exclude puro/lucha guys. Even if you're not familiar with Okada or Rush's output, all their major matches are on Youtube or Dailymotion, so bringing yourself up to speed is a simple task. The same isn't true of most of the indy scrubs who have polluted this tournament in years past. I'm not going to buy a fucking Chikara DVD just so I can have an informed opinion on Green Ant.

• Like 1

Lack of familiarity isn't really a valid reason to exclude puro/lucha guys. Even if you're not familiar with Okada or Rush's output, all their major matches are on Youtube or Dailymotion, so bringing yourself up to speed is a simple task. The same isn't true of most of the indy scrubs who have polluted this tournament in years past. I'm not going to buy a fucking Chikara DVD just so I can have an informed opinion on Green Ant.

And for those of us who don't have the time to actually go out of there way to watch Puro/Lucha, or have no desire to do so? Fact is, if we are just doing this to come up with a real tournament to crown a real winner, we can ban everyone outside of the E, because we can make that same argument against anything, even NXT.

I voted to include the whole world because I am old enough to remember a time when this board was only marginally interested in WWE, at best, and when voting was something you were supposed to do regardless of your apathy.

In fairness, this is probably the strongest year in-ring WWE has had in a very long time.

I voted to include the whole world because I am old enough to remember a time when this board was only marginally interested in WWE, at best, and when voting was something you were supposed to do regardless of your apathy.

Fuck that dude. WE GOT TO PUT ZIGGLER IN BEFORE OKADA!

In fairness, this is probably the strongest year in-ring WWE has had in a very long time.

*Ever.

Seriously, that should be discussed as well, right? Cause it's the best I can recall in the last 15 years easy.

Voted for the wrong option by mistake, wanted to vote for the whole globe one. Stupid cold.

Always look forward to March Madnes but the next one should be really good with the year the WWE's had. Hope NJPW gets the representation (Okada, Tanahashi, Nakamura and Ishii).

Bryan getting entered again? Going to be tough for him to repeat with the Shield, Cesaro and Goldust love.

32 WWE, with 8-10 each of TNA, Japan, and Mexico. fill in the rest with US Indy guys.

i usually check out guys i haven't seen in the first round. Well, really only if a couple guys are backing them pretty hard. Anyway, i say give it a shot.