DVDVR Message Board

PowerSlam Magazine PS 50 2013

The Natural

PowerSlam magazine in the UK does an annual top 50 based on performances in the ring and here is 2013’s:

1. Kazuchika Okada

2. Hiroshi Tanahashi

3. Daniel Bryan

4. Shinsuke Nakamura

5. Tomohiro Ishii

6. Randy Orton

7. CM Punk

8. Prince Devitt

9. Katsuyori Shibata

10. Kota Ibushi

11. Austin Aries

12. Shingo Takagi

13. Hirooki Goto

14. Bully Ray

15. Ricochet

16. Kurt Angle

17. Akira Tozawa

18. Masato Yoshino

19. CIMA

20. Seth Rollins

21. Minoru Suzuki

22. Tetsuya Naito

23. Naruki Doi

24. Bobby Roode

25. Matt Jackson

26. Nick Jackson

27. Kevin Steen

28. Dean Ambrose

29. Masato Tanaka

30. Antonio Cesaro

31. AJ Styles

32. Roman Reigns

33. Yuji Nagata

34. BxB Hulk

35. KENTA

36. Karl Anderson

37. Dolph Ziggler

38. Jeff Hardy

39. Alberto Del Rio

40. Michael Elgin

41. Brock Lesnar

42. Adam Cole

43. Davey Richards

44. Kenny Omega

45. Kris Travis

46. Jay Briscoe

47. El Ligero

48. Christopher Daniels

49. Sami Zayn

50. Cody Rhodes.

---

I have the same top three but in a different order. I have Daniel Bryan, Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi. I'd possibly have the same top five as well. I'd list CM Punk over Randy Orton. Interesting seeing the order they rank the Shield in. I'd certainly have Antonio Cesaro and Alberto Del Rio much higher. Brock Lesnar as well.

Fin Martin (writer) doesn't like Cena, but he justifies his reasons clearly. Whether you agree with those reasons is another matter. He is balanced in my opinion, because he compliments Cena quite a lot when he believes he deserves it. 

I don't know what the criteria for the PS50 is tbh, but if you go with the logic that it's the opposite to the kayfabe PWI500, and based on his opinion of workrate, it's no shocker that he wouldn't include a wrestler whose style he doesn't personally care for. 

I don't know what the criteria for the PS50 is tbh, but if you go with the logic that it's the opposite to the kayfabe PWI500, and based on his opinion of workrate, it's no shocker that he wouldn't include a wrestler whose style he doesn't personally care for. 

That's a lot of indifference if he can pull 50 names out of his ass that are "better" than Cena.

Good Wade, I can't believe in 2013, there are still guys getting respect for thinking Cena is fucking terrible.

I don't really care for anything Cena does, so I don't know if I'd actually put him in my Top 50. If he weren't in matches with guys I like (Ziggler/Bryan/Del Rio) I'd probably never watch him. Sometimes he comes through. The ladder match with Ziggler, the Bryan title change, for example. Sometimes I can see him walking guys through fucking everything, which takes me out of the match. I also think that depending on the match he becomes a really shitty actor trying to interject some melodrama, and it comes off really phony. You know how people complain about the "Pointing at the Wrestlemania Sign" or people talking about "Their Wrestlemania Moment", John Cena is that personified as a wrestler.

SOMETIMES, usually when the build has been exemplary like it was against AmDrag, he earns those moments of melodrama. But most of the time it's just wishful thinking on his part.

Lets talk about the shameful lack of Goldust.

For sure. That's a travesty. He's had better stuff than Brock Lesnar this year. What the fuck has Jeff Hardy done? No really, I want to watch whatever it is, so I can get a valid opinion. Same with Kurt Angle. Has Kurt actually been having a Top 20 Wrestler in THE WORLD(errrr...outside of Mexico and Cenation) type of year?

And then there's Antonio Cesaro who has been crushing it on every program and PPV. He doesn't even really get to talk, he just wins the crowd over with wrestling. He's like the new Matt Hardy.

Having a different opinion for the sake of having a different opinion isn't being subjective. It's being short sighted, naive, and if nothing else, a tool.

And you think a successful magazine editor of twenty years is just having a different opinion to the likes of you, noble modern age forum poster, to be different? What a laughable notion. Read up a little, Fin Martin has given Cena plenty of praise over the years, and when he does bash him, he justifies his reasons.