DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW IS CM PUNK LOOKED BELIEVABLE AGAINST LESNAR TONIGHT

Gonzalez

There was a match on Raw against Terry Funk that Henry had really early in Henry's run -- I think he was still in The Nation -- that was very good from my memory.Henry is one of the ultimate "What If?" guys in wrestling. There's no telling where he'd rank on the all-time list if he wasn't so injury prone.

He had a lights out match with Michaels that year on Raw.  Think about this.  I'm complimenting a post-comeback Michaels match....

Also really enjoyed his series with Booker T, which didn't produce a great match, but produced several really fun sprints

There was a match on Raw against Terry Funk that Henry had really early in Henry's run -- I think he was still in The Nation -- that was very good from my memory.Henry is one of the ultimate "What If?" guys in wrestling. There's no telling where he'd rank on the all-time list if he wasn't so injury prone.

I'm not sure how much more he would have been allowed to do anyway though.  As much as Vince loves his big giants, their purpose has always been to squash midcarders before jobbing to the all-American top babyface to prove his strength.

So, a few short title runs and a few big main events.  That's all there was ever going to be in the WW.

The Uso's do the Haka: "Somebody gone get they ass whipped" blares over the speakers, Henry enters the arena, and the Crowd goes wild. There is your Summerslam entrance WWE.  Book it!

Insert politically incorrect haka / all blacks / Mark henry joke here. :)

There was a match on Raw against Terry Funk that Henry had really early in Henry's run -- I think he was still in The Nation -- that was very good from my memory.

The one where Mark doesn't catch Terry when he does the Asai moonsault? I swear that was on Shotgun Saturday Night though.

Only bad I can say about this Raw is 1. Orton starting, 2. RVD/Jericho being sad as hell until they picked up halfway through (also: RVD's hair is thinning which I don't think anyone else mentioned -- it's not just the shitty haircut) aaaaaaaand that's about it. Maddox came across as a great personality with legit acting skills which I was surprised by. They even got the Divas working great! Treasure these moments, compatriots, they are few and far between...

The one where Mark doesn't catch Terry when he does the Asai moonsault? I swear that was on Shotgun Saturday Night though

I gave this a watch yesterday, it was definitely Raw unless they did the same in a Shotgun match as well. It certainly wasn't a good showing for Mark as a big man, he instantly got taken down with a neckbreaker with no struggle from Funk. Not really a good showing from either guy.

It might be Raw, whichever it is I've got it on VHS somewhere. Terry complained about not being caught in his book. I remember him nuking his thighs on the guardrail pretty bad. 

Terry hit his legs on the guardrail every time he did the Asai moonsault during his 1998 run. I couldn't believe he kept doing the spot to the side of the ring instead of towards the entrance way. The Henry match was definitely on Raw, though. It was a KOTR tournament match.

If you want a surprisingly decent Mark Henry attitude match, check out him vs. Owen from, I wanna say, February 98. 

By then he was a little over middle aged and way more than crazy. If he'd hit those potato-looking knees of his doing that he'd be in a wheelchair by now. I can see his reason for not doing it without anything to cushion his fall period, however. If he did the Asai to people that wouldn't catch him on the ramp side, like Mark and The Wall in WCW failed to, he'd just faceplant and end up suffering worse damage. Best to not moonsault at all, but now we've come full circle to my first sentence

Just catching Raw now after coming home from the in-laws on UHD. RVD looked like the old RVD in that Jericho match. The hit spots, the missed spots, he looked like it was 5 years ago. That senton off the top rope was pretty swank.

All  urs  truly  is  going  to  say  on  WWE  Raw :  07/15/2013  is  this :  WWE  Summerslam  is  going  to  be  totally  awesome  with  matches  like :  Punk  vs Lesnar,  Cena  vs  Bryan  for  ............... WWE  Title,  Henry  &  Usos  vs  Shield  [ An  Big  Possibility ],  &  .........................  Dolph  vs  Big  E.  That's  exactly  what  i'm  thinking  is  going  to  happen.  Going  to  see  tonight's  raw  &  watch  what  occurs.