DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW IS CM PUNK LOOKED BELIEVABLE AGAINST LESNAR TONIGHT

Gonzalez

I thought that Y2J / RVD match was pretty good, definitely slow to begin with, but picked up and looked like they had a lot of material to work with if they wanted a longer match as there weren't really many false finishes.

Just watched the clip of the Cena/DBry segment and I got a little misty. I can't think of another wrestler since Eddie that I've been so happy for making it to the fucking top. Bury him on TV for months, put him with the Bellas, job him to Sheamus in a matter of seconds in his first Wrestlemania match, call him a goatface and put him in comedy segments with Kane. And he can still get a reaction like he did in that segment. Nothing can phase him. 

Daniel Bryan is unstoppable. 

• Like 3

Shield vs Henry and the Ussos could be cool pairing the Ussos with Henry could add some crediblty to the team like they get more aggressive and hard hitting to keep up with henry and benifet from it in competion, not that its gonna happen any time soon but it will make the Ussos defeating the Shield for the tag titles eventually look more credible.

Just watched the clip of the Cena/DBry segment and I got a little misty. I can't think of another wrestler since Eddie that I've been so happy for making it to the fucking top. Bury him on TV for months, put him with the Bellas, job him to Sheamus in a matter of seconds in his first Wrestlemania match, call him a goatface and put him in comedy segments with Kane. And he can still get a reaction like he did in that segment. Nothing can phase him. Daniel Bryan is unstoppable.

He was never buried.

I love Mark Henry and The Shield, but I have this sick vision of The Shield as Spirit Squad and Henry as HHH/HBK.  He stacks all three of them up in a trailer and drags it onto a barge in the Atlantic, with a stamp on the side that says "Care of NXT."  

• Like 1

Shield vs Henry and the Ussos could be cool pairing the Ussos with Henry could add some crediblty to the team like they get more aggressive and hard hitting to keep up with henry and benifet from it in competion, not that its gonna happen any time soon but it will make the Ussos defeating the Shield for the tag titles eventually look more credible.

You used to be Omar Little right?
  • Like 2

I love Mark Henry and The Shield, but I have this sick vision of The Shield as Spirit Squad and Henry as HHH/HBK.  He stacks all three of them up in a trailer and drags it onto a barge in the Atlantic, with a stamp on the side that says "Care of NXT."  

Why would this be a bad thing? I would have Henry be the gimmick ender. Fandango is finished? Feed him to Mark Henry. Jericho's doing his shit music again? Send him to the Hall.

Oh come on, The Spirit Squad were always goofy characters that won by the skin of their teeth. The Shield are a dominating unit with at least one future top level champion (Ambrose). The booking of these groups have been polar opposite at all times. I actually could picture this going the complete other way, with The Shield putting Henry down for good (assuming that Henry is really broken down).

That was before then, when he was in the Miz love phase and Bryan was still getting past that part. Besides Heel Cole isn't exactly the voice of the fans.

I love how you treat Heel Cole merely as a "phase" when his bullshit was ruining WWE TV for almost two years and probably still would be today if Jerry Lawler hadn't almost died on live TV.

• Like 1

I love how you treat Heel Cole merely as a "phase" when his bullshit was ruining WWE TV for almost two years and probably still would be today if Jerry Lawler hadn't almost died on live TV.

Heel Cole was done a while before that. And the Miz loving was the genesis of that character, but was phased out.

Oh come on, The Spirit Squad were always goofy characters that won by the skin of their teeth. The Shield are a dominating unit with at least one future top level champion (Ambrose). The booking of these groups have been polar opposite at all times. I actually could picture this going the complete other way, with The Shield putting Henry down for good (assuming that Henry is really broken down).

It was a joke.  They are my two favorite acts in the promotion.

It was a joke.  They are my two favorite acts in the promotion.

I really wanted to Henry to win last Sunday, but understand why it could not happen (unless they wanted to do a token one day/one week run). A shame that his body could never hold up long enough to get any extended runs on top, cause he has been awesome from 2006 on as a heel.