DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW IS CM PUNK LOOKED BELIEVABLE AGAINST LESNAR TONIGHT

Gonzalez

They need to run some sort of "Martha Marcy May Marlene" gimmick with Bray and one of the divas. Then have Bray feud with the dude who saves the diva. Tyson and Natalia, I'm looking in your direction.

Some RAW thoughts...

Bryan vs Cena at Summerslam? Well, I guess I've gotta get tickets now.

I hope Mark Henry destroys The Shield. The Hall of Pain has reopened.

RVD and Jericho wrestling at half the speed they did ten years ago was both depressing and fascinating. They picked it up at the end and turned it into a decent match.

Brock tossing around skinny bird-legged CM Punk all over the place and then dropping him on his head with that F-5 on the table was compelling as hell. It also proves that Brock is the best friend Heyman could ever have. When has CM Punk ever been that selfless? Lemme tell you...never. 

Ziggler losing like a chump to ADR yet again and then getting demolished by Big E's titties.

All is right with the world.

• Like 1

Erm, you think they're still feeling out the face/heel dynamic for a guy who has a "family compound", has slack-jawed followers, who refers to "the masses" as "fools", "puppets", and "sheep", and comes out and attacks faces?Jesus, that's about as tweener as the Iron Shiek...

Well, when you say it like that, my point seems totally stupid and not at all thought provoking... ;)

Brock tossing around skinny bird-legged CM Punk all over the place and then dropping him on his head with that F-5 on the table was compelling as hell. It also proves that Brock is the best friend Heyman could ever have. When has CM Punk ever been that selfless? Lemme tell you...never. 

Brock is a sadist, hurting people is its own reward. Heyman simply enables him. 

Pretty good show.

Fandango getting cheered for knocking Orton out of the ring was amusing. 

Usos vs. The Real Americans could have used a lot more time.

Can't really say I care for AJ's turn on Dolph, their group had some decent chemistry and really this just makes the double turn seem pointless. Now Dolph's back to the midcard and Del Rio's back to being a boring main eventer who's somehow always in the title scene. 

Punk-Heyman segment was great and so was Lesnar's beatdown. 

Personally thought RVD-Jericho was pretty sucky, felt like a slower rendition of their past matches that lasted forever.

Cena picking Danielson went really well, bizarre seeing the show ending with Cole calling Danielson the hottest thing going in WWE, I met that guy outside of some crappy county fairground. 

Cena picking Danielson went really well, bizarre seeing the show ending with Cole calling Danielson the hottest thing going in WWE, I met that guy outside of some crappy county fairground. 

First time I ever saw Cena wrestle was in a crappy rec center in front of barely a hundred people.

• Like 1

Fucking computer shut off as I had a good ol' long post on here.  Here's the quick version of it:

Great show, agreed with what everybody said here.  Need to see RVD/Jericho to see if I like it better as it felt like slow motion to me.  Wyatt rules, Henry rules, Punk/Brock/Heyman RUUUUUUULEEEED!!!!  I would be the happiest fucker around if somebody made a gif of Paul standing there while Brock storms down the ramp.  Put a caption saying "Shit just got real" and it's certified gold, man.  Though DB's announcement was flat from Cena and knowing this was coming a mile away took some of the fun away from it.  Other than a freaking great show.

I was there last week in Baltimore and was really pissed at those that chanted "Husky Harris"  We did not deserve the show Brooklyn got last night, not even close.  That chant confirmed it.

It was that moment where Bryan went to the corner. That's when it got really surreal. I know it was a loaded crowd and i know it's really all about the Divas show but it's still so crazy. 

How is this not his tshirt?

Takes up valuable ad space.

Count me in the "RVD should cut off the ponytail" camp. He has to pull it back so tightly now, that you pretty much only see his skull anyway. Unless this is just the beginning of a long-term Heyman skullet tribute by RVD?

I found the Jericho match kind of plodding, but don't begrudge those that enjoyed it. Otherwise a pretty good Raw all over, hopefully they don't feel the need to add any shenanigans to the Cena/Bryan match.

It appears they're going exactly the direction I'd hoped with Mark

Came out at the Smackdown tapings to help the Usos stand their ground against The Shield.  I really like the Usos and think they can be pretty important, Henry giving them the rub should help.

I was surprised with that crowd that there weren't any Husky chants. Not sure I'm totally sold on him yet, it's impressive that he went from absolutely terrible on the mic to being a good talker....maybe it's his finisher that still reminds me of some of that goofiness from the Husky days.

Was it longer than the Bobby Roode ladder match from last year, or the Jerry Lynn fimal match from February? Because those were a couple of long ones.

Yeah those were both 15 while this one was 21. The only singles match RVD had in TNA that was longer was his first PPV title defense against Styles at Sacrifice 2010.

I'm cool with it, but Del Rio's belt is the secondary title.  I think they should keep it that way.

First time people aren't complaining about the crowd in weeks.  If the show stays entertaining throughout its 3 hour length, the crowd is usually not annoying(or at least not quiet) and will respond with energy.  Usually.

Bryan and Cena match is going to be grand. Plain and simple.  WWE might get me to go out and see this PPV.  Nice work.

What is this bullshit about RVD's hair? That shit is hardy noticeable. He looks like a grizzly veteran ready to climb on something and kick you in the face in an odd manner.

That RVD/Jericho match really snuck up on me. I hadn't watched a lot of WWE in a while, up to MITB, and skipped through most of Raw, but figured I'd check out RVD/Jericho. I was kind of casually watching it and slowly started to realize they were really getting a LOT of time (even got 2 ad breaks, I think), and not actually noticeably slowing down. Hats off to those dudes. That was a very unexpected match match, rather than the "matches" that are standard in WWE.

Oh yeah and Punk/Heyman was out of this world. Heyman's better on the stick than Punk, though. Punk's promo wavered here and there, and the "I'm gonna keep you alive long enough to.." thing felt really out of place. It kind of went from super badass telling someone how badly he's going to fuck them up to dude actually talking about murdering someone and their family.