DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW IS CM PUNK LOOKED BELIEVABLE AGAINST LESNAR TONIGHT

Gonzalez

RVD/Jericho was way better than I thought it would be, given both mens ages and lax schedules these days.  Maybe it's because I've always been a fan of both but I thought this match was just as good as it would have been in 2000.

The Wyatt segment was even better than last weeks.  Awesome promo by Bray.

• Like 1

Great RAW. These Post-PPV RAWs have been must see.

The Punk/Heyman promo ---> Punk/Lesnar beatdown was a spectacular segment.

AJ's interruption on Dolph was handled better tonight simply because Big E came out of nowhere and nearly decapitated him.

NO HUSKY HARRIS CHANTS... we can all rest easy. The segment was pretty interesting. I liked that Bray allowed R-Truth back into the ring and what followed afterwards.

I guess the Daniel Bryan selection was obvious but it was still awesome. Crowd was super hot and I loved his YESSING in Cena's face. SummerSlam is looking awesome on paper.

Really good show except for CM Punk's promo on Heyman which was seemingly written by someone like Scott Lobdell, and that fucking Jericho/RVD match which felt like it lasted a God damn week. I'm at the point where I don't want to see Van Dam or Jericho wrestle again. The segment with the Wyatt Family was again excellent and thankfully no "Husky Harris" nonsense.

I was hoping Cena was dragging out his selection only to pick someone other than Bryan to be a dick. It seemed like this week was one of the most in-ring action heavy episodes in a while. I'm actually interested in how SummerSlam will play out with Cena, Bryan, and Orton.

edit: I forgot to mention that Zack Ryder having Sam Jones' hair from Flash Gordon was absolutely fucking hilarious.

I realized today that Dolph's offense is so bland and terrible that it actually adds to his near falls. Every time he hits a standard neck breaker or vertical suplex or something I think to myself that he could be debuting a new finisher.

Wow, that whole Punk/Heyman segment was something else. And then BRAWK LESNAR: THE DOOMBRINGER comes out and we get one of the best fights in years. Punk put up a valiant fight, but my God...Brock just murdered him. That F5 on the announcer table was damn near a shoot brain buster. But you have to hand it to Punk. He was like "I know he's here. Come on out Brock"

I'm super stoaked for that Summerslam match. It would be awesome if Punk came out with Rener Gracie and the rest of the Gracie camp (this would include BJJ Blackbelt Ed O'Neil in full garb). Who wouldn't love to see Al Bundy take an F5? Okay, that would never happen but man Brock/Punk is gonna be awesome.

Also awesome was RVD vs. Jericho. Man, just imagine if they saved that match for Summerslam and put some build into it. RVD pulling out that summersault out of no where from the top rope was insane.

Mark Henry standing tall against The Shield. The triple power bomb was nasty though...looked like he landed right on his elbow. He's gonna come back and take them all out himself cause THAT'S WHAT HE DOES.

The Wyatt Family was awesome. That promo with Bray working through the WHAT'S.

The MADD OX era shall be glorious.

I liked the show for the most part.

I realized how little everyone misses R-Truth. I forgot he existed. Too bad they killed his character with the "Little Jimmy" imaginary friend shit. He looks like he aged 5 years in however long he's been gone with that haircut. Was surprised there were no stupid chants from the crowd.

Fandango must wish every show could be in Jersey.

Even though I shouldn't, I enjoyed the RVD/Jericho match. It was straight out of 2003 with all the botches and kicks. Good show tonight. Legit can't wait for Mark Henry vs Shield. Oh and Dolph Ziggler has a death wish. That bump he took over the top rope to the floor was just so stupid.

I'm super stoaked for that Summerslam match. It would be awesome if Punk came out with Rener Gracie and the rest of the Gracie camp (this would include BJJ Blackbelt Ed O'Neil in full garb).

#Gracietrain

• Like 1