DVDVR Message Board

Final Fantasy Omnibus

Chaos

• 4 months later...

Trailer is still only showing Midgar stuff, so it looks like it's really just the Midgar section.  I'm interested to see how they turned something I can casually run through in 3 hours into 30, but ok.  However, it looks like I'm just gonna get stuck getting this as it's looking WAY too good to pass.

• Like 2

The Midgard section is one of my favorites in the game, and it looks like they added quite a bit so I'm tremendously excited for it. I just showed my older brother the trailer, and the first he mentioned after seeing the release date was that he knows where his birthday money is going.

• Like 1

Given what I've heard out of this so far, I'm gonna say it's all good.

Now, can we get that long rumored Demo out there so I can play and just give up any hope that I'm not pre-ordering it despite my best wishes to hold out until we find out just how many parts are coming out?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Raziel said:

Given what I've heard out of this so far, I'm gonna say it's all good.

Now, can we get that long rumored Demo out there so I can play and just give up any hope that I'm not pre-ordering it despite my best wishes to hold out until we find out just how many parts are coming out?

I'm still convinced this part may be all we ever get. Crazy to think a tiny fraction of this game is getting blown into a 30+ hour endeavor.

Trailer shows some interesting stuff, and seems to expand on Hojo, but it'll probably feel bloated in ways that say the Hobbit trilogy felt bloated.

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

They should keep splintering it farther and farther. A 30 hour game of just breeding and racing chocobos. A 30 hour game of just driving around CId’s airship. And so on. 

I would not be a bit surprised if there end up being several mobile games in Japan for stuff like that. 

Given how spectacular the Honey Bee Inn looks, I can't wait to see what they end up doing with Gold Saucer.

They turned a 3 hour section into it's own 30  hour game, I can't think of how they could break up the rest of the game in to however many parts.  I mean, there's a ton of stuff (about 17ish hours worth going by my first playthrough's memory) left in original Disc 1 alone.   It's weird though, but I know it took me around 20 hours to finish Disc 1, but I swear it only took me 15ish to do the other 2 disc's combined, 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 12:02 PM, odessasteps said:

They should keep splintering it farther and farther. A 30 hour game of just breeding and racing chocobos. A 30 hour game of just driving around CId’s airship. And so on. 

If this means we FINALLY get the Blitzball mobile/tablet game then Im all in!

I know this is a silly thing to hope for and I highly doubt it happens, but it would be cool as an Adventure Time fan if they worked in one of Finn's swords from Adventure Time especially since Finn used the Buster Sword in one of the episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

That was great. The boss fight was complicated but not impossible, the twist with the explosion was interesting, and I am more OK with the voice acting then I thought I would be. Guess I'd better go get me pre-order in.

The voice acting felt fine for the most part though it did feel like Cloud was off a bit. Not sure how much that was the acting itself or the script.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

The voice acting felt fine for the most part though it did feel like Cloud was off a bit. Not sure how much that was the acting itself or the script.

Localization too given that this would have probably been done in Japanese first.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

There was a bit of channeling of the previous mumble guy that I really didn't like, but we're also getting Cloud at the point where he's the most mentally fucked up, so I'm willing to see how it changes in different situations. I thought Barrett's chest thumping was a bit over the top, altho it was basically the same script from the original. I'd love to hear the Japanese version of those lines, I'll look through YouTube tomorrow.