DVDVR Message Board

Final Fantasy Omnibus

Chaos

I would be fine with just updated graphics, but with the time that has past and the things they added to its mythology with the various spin-offs, movies, etc. I can't see it being simple updated graphics.

To be fair...

I am playing Final Fantasy XIII right now. For the first time, on the PC, when I have a few minutes in between work and parenthood and what not. I was right at the end of chapter 9 so I knew I had a big boss fight coming. It took 20 minutes or whatever, but I sat through the cut scene and beat the boss. Then I took the laptop with me to brush my teeth, to go through my laundry to get my clothes for today, and to do whatever else I had to do before bed. I don't think I looked at the screen once while there was some sort of ship being shot down or whatever. I just listened so I could have some idea of what was going on once I got my characters back. I just wanted to get to the Crystarium to use all my CP and go to bed. I'm sure people worked very hard on those graphics and spent tons of money on them, but that's the second to last reason I play a game (last being voice acting).

The important question nobody is asking about the Final Fantasy VII remake is "Will Sephiroth and Aerith still sound like Lance Bass and Mandy Moore?"

To be honest, I'll take Lance Bass as Sephiroth over George "I have no emotional vocal range" Newbern.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to crush the FFXII Balthier event because I had the realm gear for it, which was good because the Sephiroth event destroyed me. I'm halfway through the Mt. Ordeals one now, having just broke Paladin Cecil and Dark Knight Cecil's level caps. I picked up Rydia's second record materia too, so that's good. I'm still running with Vivi and Garnet in my party but will have to cycle one out for the Paladin.

The sad thing is, Cloud wasn't exactly emo in the actual game; he was just a guy trying to be a hero until he goes catatonic, and when you get him back, he seems to understand who he really is, and in process DOES become a hero.

Too bad Squeenix forgot about all of that when they started the Compilation...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Managed to score a copy of Final Fantasy Type-0 for 20 dollars at my local music shop, I'm looking forward to giving that a spin on Thursday since I'll have some time off then.  I'm actually thinking of streaming it on Twitch.tv, I've always wanted to try that.

It's more of an action RPG that plays a bit like Crisis Core.  I believe it's also got 14 different characters to play as, which could be fun.  I know it was originally supposed to be part of the FFXIII series, but I believe they changed that when FFXIII got less then stellar reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw, I just heard from one of my ancient FF 11 shellmates that the Squeenix dedicated servers are being shut down next year and the game will be converted from console play to mobile play by a Korean developer.

RIP to Raiko, the Opportune Rain. 

I barely have enough time, effort, and cash to keep up with Destiny so there is no way I can get involved with FF: Realm Reborn.

• 1 month later...

I picked up the FFX Remaster on PS4 over the weekend, but I have not had a chance to load it up. Does anyone know if they completely fixed with RNG/battle music issues with the latest patch?

Quick Google search seems to indicate yes.

I picked up the FFX Remaster on PS4 over the weekend, but I have not had a chance to load it up. Does anyone know if they completely fixed with RNG/battle music issues with the latest patch?

Quick Google search seems to indicate yes.

Yeah, that's what I found as well, but nothing went into greater detail than that. Whenever I have time to dive back into this, I am excited to revisit it. This is probably my 3rd or 4th time getting into the game. I got to inside Sin about 10 years ago and lost my Memory Card, which was a bummer.

• 1 month later...

Nah, I like the hints of FF XIII's battle system. My only complaint is the same one I've had since Advent Children - I really don't like Cloud's English VA. I suspect we'll get the same dude flatly reading Sephiroth's lines, too, which is bad. But I love how Barrett took a level in badass.

That was nice. I was quite fond of XIII's battle system so I don't mind if they use a revamped version of that. I'm neither here nor there on the voice acting. I'm just surprised with how far along they are. Didn't think something like that would show up for another year.

That was nice. I was quite fond of XIII's battle system so I don't mind if they use a revamped version of that. I'm neither here nor there on the voice acting. I'm just surprised with how far along they are. Didn't think something like that would show up for another year.

I am guessing they are shooting for a 2017 release. That way they can treat it like a 20th anniversary deal and do marketing around that.

• Like 2