DVDVR Message Board

Final Fantasy Omnibus

Chaos

9 hours ago, Raziel said:

You're not even at the HARD stuff yet...

I had to reteach myself the battle system too, and I guess I need to learn to jump between party members better. Because I'll try to wait for an ATB gauge to fill to issue a spell cast order, and that initial charge is tough. It's bad too because the game is gorgeous to look at, and I love listening to the soundtrack.

Yeah, hardest thing to get down is either swapping to better suited characters or paying attention to the ATB gauges and ordering stuff.   Like the Airbuster fight, you have to use Barrett for the first couple stages while remembering to throw lightning with Cloud/Tifa during your charge up.

Also, you gotta learn the timing abuse Barrett's Overcharge

To be honest, I thought FF7-R was really, really hard and then I basically hit a point where everything was incredibly easy. It's been awhile since I beat it, but I know I went a long time without dying and the final boss fights were easy, but pretty and cool.

I still think the hardest battle for me was against that house in the arena. My daughter and I struggled with that until my wife's friends let us know you can use poison materia on the house to make the fight easy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I still think the hardest battle for me was against that house in the arena. My daughter and I struggled with that until my wife's friends let us know you can use poison materia on the house to make the fight easy. 

That's kind of like in the original when you learn you can use a phoenix down to beat the Cosmo Canyon boss. 

• 1 month later...

The Good:

FFVII Remake's PS5 version will be free if you bought the PS4 version, and saves will carry over platforms (that gets past that "how is the 50 hours you put in going to carry over to Part 2" problem)

We're getting a DLC featuring Yuffie that's probably doing a ton of table setting for Part 2

The Bad:

The DLC is PS5 ONLY.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

During the closing ceremonies of Final Fantasy XIV FanFest 2021, Masayoshi Soken (who has done absolutely amazing things for the MMO, both original music and reimagining Uematsu's work) announced he spent most of 2020 fighting cancer and working on music while most of the other devs did not know.

The cancer is almost full remission, and he fought to be at FanFest and rocking out and playing with his friends.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

God it better not be the mobile versions and just upscales of the OG's.  The Mobile's do NOT play well.

Also, I've been rather unimpressed with what I've seen of Origins so far.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here waiting (im)patiently for the Pixel remaster of VI.

Why would you want to play that over the GBA version with the extra content or just the original? That’s kind of what I’m confused about with these. 

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Why would you want to play that over the GBA version with the extra content or just the original? That’s kind of what I’m confused about with these. 

Because I'd like it to look nice without needing multiple screen filters (original), or made for larger than a 3 inch screen (GBA).  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Crisis Core Remake (titled Reunion) out this winter for both gens.  Second part of the Remake is titled Rebirth, due out next year Next Gen only.  Confirmed that the Remakes will only be 3 parts.

• Like 3

Of course we STILL don't get Intergrade or Intermission on Last Gen... whatever, we'll probably be able to get PS5's by next year.  Crisis Core Remake looks pretty intact.  Well, aside from Zack living through the ending that is.

Edited by Raziel
  • Haha 1