DVDVR Message Board

Final Fantasy Omnibus

Chaos

God it better not be the mobile versions and just upscales of the OG's.  The Mobile's do NOT play well.

Also, I've been rather unimpressed with what I've seen of Origins so far.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here waiting (im)patiently for the Pixel remaster of VI.

Why would you want to play that over the GBA version with the extra content or just the original? That’s kind of what I’m confused about with these. 

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Why would you want to play that over the GBA version with the extra content or just the original? That’s kind of what I’m confused about with these. 

Because I'd like it to look nice without needing multiple screen filters (original), or made for larger than a 3 inch screen (GBA).  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Crisis Core Remake (titled Reunion) out this winter for both gens.  Second part of the Remake is titled Rebirth, due out next year Next Gen only.  Confirmed that the Remakes will only be 3 parts.

• Like 3

Of course we STILL don't get Intergrade or Intermission on Last Gen... whatever, we'll probably be able to get PS5's by next year.  Crisis Core Remake looks pretty intact.  Well, aside from Zack living through the ending that is.

Edited by Raziel
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Also, the first part is about to be on Steam, which means I need to buy it again.

It's live, and on sale for $49.69 (nice....) through July 7th, but it's also about 100GB to download, so plan accordingly.

• Like 1

They're killing the English version of Final Fantasy Record Keeper, which came as a big surprise and people are pretty upset, I suppose myself included. Been playing it for seven years and there was a pretty good community around it, etc. It ran six months behind the JP version so there were translators and guide-writers and it wasn't hard to stay up on content even if you were F2P. The game itself had a graphical/battle aesthetic of "What if every FF game was actually FFVI?" which hit my nostalgia and preference sweet spot. Also, because of the 6 month leadtime, a lot of the preparation tended to be pretty strategic. That's one reason why it was a hit. People were preparing for three or four months down the line. The game closes down on 9/29, and I'm hoping to be able to knock out the big realm content remaining for FF1-15, Tactics, Type 0, and then the Core characters. I only have a few left, so I should be able to do it. I'm definitely not in the market to replace it with a new mobile game (especially another gacha one). There was such a sink cost mentality with this after years and years that it'll be somewhat freeing for it to be gone. I think everyone just assumed the JP version would go down first and then six months later the English one would.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Going through FF15 right now and I'm 40 hours in, at level 49 and I just started chapter 4. I kept getting distracted doing hunts and fetch quests. I feel like I've done this wrong but that's the risk with open world games right?

I am digging the world although the combat can get a little hectic when you're out in the open world (you could have made the trees go opaque or something when the camera is facing them).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Finished off FF15 last night. I have the bonus dungeons to do but that's not super important or anything. I did finish off the Adamontise fight but I used the Ring of Lucii to one shot it. Took about 10 minutes of trying for it to work. I finished off the game at level 99 and killed Ardyn before he could finish his monologue which I thought was funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1