DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

Part 2 of this interview with Edge is great. Particularly interesting to me is how it was Cena's idea to go over the Nexus in that big tag match when Edge and Jericho were thinking that's the wrong move and they were both backing Wade Barrett. Even more interesting is Cena saying afterwards that his idea was dumb in execution. It makes me think that Barrett doesn't have anyone backing him, which is why it looks like they're having a hard time coming up with something for him to do.

Not to be OCD, but I kinda wish we had a general wrestling podcast thread, since there's so many now.

The Edge interview was much better than I thought. I liked that they more or less called out Hunter for fucking with their career without actually saying his name. Edge saying that the only person who ever believed in him in the company was Vince was pretty interesting. "Prove me right."

Just listened to Edge 2nd part, it's really good. 

Something from the Edge 2nd part, he was supposed to drop the title to Del Rio at the Extreme Rules Ladder Match and the reason they didn't give it to Del Rio at Mania was to swerve the fans as everyone thought Del Rio would go over at Mania. I always thought that screwed up Del Rio pretty badly as he was pretty hot going into Mania and he should have gone over even if it was obvious. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, that's right, Vince being Edge's lone backer is awesome. I think some of us have fun making fun of Vince and others tend to think of Vince as this lunatic, but I tend to look at Vince at someone who is first and foremost a fan of wrestling; second, he has his likes and dislikes, just like we all do; and third, he is a fan of all things silly and goofy. Knowing Vince backed Edge and told Edge to prove him right is awesome. Vince owns the company, but even he doesn't want to look like a jackass. I now have this vision of Vince always laughing his ass off at all of the Edge and Christian segments.

• Like 1

Part 2 of this interview with Edge is great. Particularly interesting to me is how it was Cena's idea to go over the Nexus in that big tag match when Edge and Jericho were thinking that's the wrong move and they were both backing Wade Barrett. Even more interesting is Cena saying afterwards that his idea was dumb in execution. It makes me think that Barrett doesn't have anyone backing him, which is why it looks like they're having a hard time coming up with something for him to do.

Which sucks because he is better than most people they've pushed since 2010.. <_<

• Like 1

Which sucks because he is better than most people they've pushed since 2010.. <_<

Yeah, he was in a great spot to get over in 2010 until the rug was pulled from him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Eddie was in his room, missed a bunch of wake up calls, they sent someone to the room with no response, they tried to open the room but the bolt was on so they knew he was in the room.  they cut the bolt, security called Chavo.  They went to the room and eddie was passed out on the bathroom floor.  Chavo said he wasn't breathing but the body was still warm.  they tried to revive him and Eddie more or less went cold in his arms.

I always thought it was a case of Eddie being found dead, period. The actual version of events as told by Chavo is far worse. Poor bastard.

It was right chilling listening to it as I went to bed last night.  Next podcast we get a glimpse from Chavo's POV of the "He who shall not be named" and his descent into madness