DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

Big Show's interview was awesome. One thing I especially loved is how he echoed the traditional smark talking points and IWC consensus wisdom on so much of his career. Talking about the inconsistent nature of the booking, how one week he'd be Godzilla and the next week he's more like Godzookie. Or how damn many times he's been turned: "I wake up and I'm like, am I a good guy or a bad guy today?" And sharing opinions with the fans, like wincing in precognitive agony at the forthcoming Bad Match Pain upon learning that he'd randomly been booked into a program with Khali. He finally went to Vince and demanded to know why he was stuck nonsensically working a mismatched opponent who practically guaranteed terrible performances; Vince responded, "So are you finally gonna stop taking shits in my office's bathroom and then not flushing and leaving them there?!" (Jericho laughs, and Show mutters "Okay, note to self, rule number one: don't rib the boss.")

The story about the fan with a terminal illness Chris met was all kinds of sad. But the Owens interview was a really great listen, might be my favorite episode yet. The part where he talks about why he named his son Owen is all kinds of sweet. Can't recommend this episode enough.

I loved the Al Snow story about Al being at an ROH show in the crowd saying to everyone that all the matches stunk and why are the wrestlers doing this or that cause it doesn't make sense. AI loved Steen and Jericho explaining the simple fact that you wrestle the style the paying crowd wants to see. And Jericho pointing out its like going to a Lucha show in Mexico and complaining about the style. And that Al in ECW probably did a lot of things that didn't "make sense".

As seen in TNA, Al Snow is the drizzling shits in putting together matches as an agent in the first place.

Big Show's interview was awesome. One thing I especially loved is how he echoed the traditional smark talking points and IWC consensus wisdom on so much of his career. Talking about the inconsistent nature of the booking, how one week he'd be Godzilla and the next week he's more like Godzookie. Or how damn many times he's been turned: "I wake up and I'm like, am I a good guy or a bad guy today?" And sharing opinions with the fans, like wincing in precognitive agony at the forthcoming Bad Match Pain upon learning that he'd randomly been booked into a program with Khali. He finally went to Vince and demanded to know why he was stuck nonsensically working a mismatched opponent who practically guaranteed terrible performances; Vince responded, "So are you finally gonna stop taking shits in my office's bathroom and then not flushing and leaving them there?!" (Jericho laughs, and Show mutters "Okay, note to self, rule number one: don't rib the boss.")

And that must be where the Big Show takes awful dumps thing came from on those Raws and Smackdowns years ago.

That could also explain why Ambrose did that in Kane's office on a Smackdown.  Some things they can't just let go.

The Khali one was hard to understand, but still came across as likeable.  Really wanted to hate the Demott one but it wasn't too bad.  Need to hear the Big Show one, especially after the love it's getting here.

That Khali episode was like an hour long Egypt bit

Then I couldn't imagine anything worse  :blink:
Yeah, I'd avoided it so far because I imagined listening to Khali talk for an hour would be unendurable. Has his English improved any? I mean, is he even coherent and intelligible in his speech?
Apparently, the answer is "no". I tried to listen, and literally couldn't understand about half of what he said, at all. After five minutes, I just gave up, I couldn't imagine trying to endure the full hour.

The TJ and Nattie interview is so good. I could listen to them tell Hart family stories for hours. I also had no idea Harry was so good at impressions.

It's really amazing how the Harts give no fucks about telling stories that make the family look batshit crazy and awful. The stories are amusing but I'd be mortified at people finding this shit out. Also, Nattie thinking Jim Neidhart is the most normal one in the family is amazing in its absurdity and almost peak-Nattie

It's really amazing how the Harts give no fucks about telling stories that make the family look batshit crazy and awful. The stories are amusing but I'd be mortified at people finding this shit out. Also, Nattie thinking Jim Neidhart is the most normal one in the family is amazing in its absurdity and almost peak-Nattie

I've always gotten the feeling that the Harts have MUCH WORSE stories that they never tell in public. Like, here's a non-hypothetical example. Which story would you rather hear about Teddy Hart: how he gleefully wanders around in a cannabis fog with a harem of women and a pack of trained spot-kitties, or how his little brother died horribly from a flesh-eating staph infection that he got off a dirty wrestling mat? (Ever since then, Ted always scrubs all his exposed skin with alcohol wipes after every match, and preaches to others that everyone else should follow his example on this one.) The Harts have been through ALL the shit, practically every form of tragedy you can imagine, and the standard old "Stu liked to torture everyone with shoot holds" is the least of the dark stuff that's happened to that family.
  • Like 4

Some of the Hart sisters sound like the most evil people alive from stories I've heard. Ellie in particular, who I believe is Nattie's Mum. Nattie deserves some sort of medal for turning out as seemingly well as she has.