DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

If Stephanie McMahon really believes that her role is to help get people over, I hope she realizes how fucking terrible at her job she is.

That was so great. She put VICKIE over, and that was the first...so who's the second? That was like a year ago and Steph's been burying talent on-air nearly weekly since this heel character began.

He's changed his tune then. Because in his second book he writes quite a bit about how his run as heel Champion was hurt by Steph and H doing everything to prevent him getting over.

I'm still a confirmed Jerichoholic, but even I find the opening few minutes of T.i.J. to be borderline unlistenable. I don't skip the opening of any other casts; being somewhat of a connoisseur of wrestling-talk, even Piper or Jim Ross's stream-of-consciousness senior babblings during their non-guest segments are pretty fascinating to me. And I think Stone Cold could literally read a phone book out loud and somehow find a way to make it lots of fun. But geez, Chris does the same plugs delivered the same way every week and the Hibbedy Dibbity and his awful fake characters like Egypt, that shit is all pure garbage. As others have said, during the openings his grade-school-aged children are actually smarter talkers and better entertainment than him.

I don't mind his interviews at all; yeah, sometimes he's overly defensive about bad things that happened in wrestling and there's often a feeling of toeing the company line. But remember, this is a guy who still kinda needs the WWE. He isn't an Austin or JR or Piper who are long past all that and couldn't care less if they get some heat with the office. And like a couple other people have mentioned, Chris is better at shutting up and letting his guest talk at length than most of the other podcasts, where all too often you feel like the host is talking over the guy they're interviewing. Jericho especially clicks well with people he knows personally, the Vickie interview was a great example of that. And he goes further out of his way to get interesting non-wrestling celebrities for guests as well; I've got zero use for Eli Roth as a director of terrible horror flicks, but as a guest on Jericho's show he was perfectly tolerable and occasionally even insightful.

• Like 1

TIJ - EP141 - Paranormal Dean Ambrose

Dean Ambrose returns to TIJ to talk Big Foot vs the Yeti (there is a difference), Lake Monsters, UFOs, the pyramids, and the moon landing. He also shares his own ghost stories, and explains why he'll never take a journey into space.

I did a triple take when I saw the name thinking "That's not the Dean Ambrose I'm thinking of, right?"

But if it was WWE's Ambrose, I'd download/listen to it immediately.

I did a triple take when I saw the name thinking "That's not the Dean Ambrose I'm thinking of, right?"

But if it was WWE's Ambrose, I'd download/listen to it immediately.

It is WWE's Dean Ambrose.  I'd imagine he's seen a lot of weird stuff hitchhiking from arena to arena.

• Like 3

I saw the description again and said he returns to the podcast.  So yeah, delayed realization but my eyes damn popped out of my head when it realized it is him.  I can't wait to hear this.  More importantly, where's Piranesi, I'm hoping he gives his take on this.

I give Steve credit for being able to talk to Dixie and not just laugh in her face. I couldn't imagine a bigger walking joke in pro wrestling today.

I liked her ditty about wanting Hogan and Sting to go in order to make room for new stars. 

Corgan has a broad understanding of the business but I can't help but think he's only in the position he's in due to his social status and being worth $50 million doesn't hurt either. TNA's dead, If I was hearing this in 2005 I could get behind his philosophy on creating the next breakout wrestling star, TNA doesn't have a big enough platform to do that. But hey in order to be a success you have to have that mentality so I can forgive him for being so unrealistic. Oh and I loved Corgan cutting Jericho off numerous times, Jericho just can't help but put himself over at any given chance, his insecurities are hilarious.

Listening to Ambrose now,

I'd pay good money to see Ambrose gives his views on and promote Psychic Bigfoot.

And halfway through the Dean interview, goddamn this is so much fun  And Dean is exactly what I'd expect from him.  Love it.

• Like 1