DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

As much of a great heel as Stephanie has been, she never was completely drowned out by a crowd screaming for her head, so there's that. Vickie > Stephanie.

The post-2010 TLC RAW with her, Dolph, and Cena is an excellent example. The crowd was so loud that all three broke character to laugh at it.

• Like 1

As much of a great heel as Stephanie has been, she never was completely drowned out by a crowd screaming for her head, so there's that. Vickie > Stephanie.

The post-2010 TLC RAW with her, Dolph, and Cena is an excellent example. The crowd was so loud that all three broke character to laugh at it.

That was the moment I knew she was a made woman.  That was nuclear heat and good on her to get that kind of reaction.  One of my favorite moments of the past few years.  I need to check out the video for it.

Regal on the latest TIJ. Regal mentioned doing talking shows in England... would love if he was doing some here.

He's done them two or three times now, concurrent w wwe European tours.

They are promoted by an English company, so i imagine itwould take an American one making the same deal.

I've asked him a couple times about doing a US show, perhaps around mania or Summerslam time.

Vickie is the biggest female heel in WWE history right? Maybe Sherri had as much heat as her at one point, but I don't remember any female having the amount of heat Vickie had. So yeah I'd say Vickie is a sure-fire HOFer

b23m5ok.0.gif

But ya, I'd argue that Vicki's probably one of the top 10 WWE heels (male or female) since 2000.

Its easy to be top heel when you never sell and bury everyone.

• Like 1

While I can listen to Austin ramble on about nothing for an hour, I just cannot stand Jericho's opening 20 minutes. Austin is just overall more naturally likeable, whereas Jericho tries way too hard. However, Jericho's interviews I find to be much better. When Jericho is interacting with somebody instead of relying on just his own "personality", he comes off as way more likeable. But that also may just be because he lets the other person talk a lot more.

It's amazing how insecure Jericho is.

It really is.  Someone who is so successful and has gotten to live two dreams while working on becoming an actor (I've heard his webseries on Comedy Central is good) to focus so much on what negative people on twitter say is kind of surprising.  It is probably the impostor syndrome at work.

While I can listen to Austin ramble on about nothing for an hour, I just cannot stand Jericho's opening 20 minutes. Austin is just overall more naturally likeable, whereas Jericho tries way too hard. However, Jericho's interviews I find to be much better. When Jericho is interacting with somebody instead of relying on just his own "personality", he comes off as way more likeable. But that also may just be because he lets the other person talk a lot more.

That's likely because Austin is way more relateable.  With Steve you'd feel at home cracking open some beers and shooting the shit with him.  He's like that cool relative that hunts and drinks beers that you talk to at family functions.  It's always a good time.

With Jericho hope you like that Gray Goose and in particular his Yeah, Boy! combination (it's just fucking Gray Goose with ice, man!)  And I'm still a fan of Chris, but I can't see myself hanging with him for a long period of time.

I think he is much more tolerable if you skip the open and go straight to the interview.

That's what I do. Unless it's him talking to his kids (who are pretty entertaining), I skip to the interview.

''Paaaa-ge. The pod of thuuuunddddeeeeer. Hibbidy dibbbbidy'' Yeah fuck this guy.

But people moaning about Jericho's intro before the interviews mustn't subscribe to JR's podcast...man, I know the older generation have a knack of being nostalgic and overly critical of today's society but he doesn't half go on and on about seemingly nothing of note for at least 40 minutes. His interviews aren't much crack either, it's like whoever he's interviewing are speaking to their Grandad.

• Like 1

The Ross intros just seem to be plugs and the same criticisms every week.

Definitely go straight to the show. Lately, ive been skipping those too. The bobby roode one is intriguing since thats not someone just doing the podcast one car wash.