DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

Enjoyed listening to the Dean Ambrose interview.  Loved how he described his call from Ty Bailey in WWE (who he says sounds like Rev Lovejoy on the Simpsons) that he is signed and that he thought it was a joke and told him he would "run the territory"  

Seems like there are lots of stories where WWE officials call wrestlers and think it is a complete joke and gives a half ass response until he realizes it is legit.  

Dean just took shit to a whole new level with a Mark Henry impersonation. He did said impersonation while wearing a skull with a cowboy hat belt buckle that was a part of his dead cowboy Halloween costume.

It seems like all the great Shield booking came down to the 3 of them having the balls to stand up for themselves when they were pitched shit.

Those Ambrose interviews are among the best of the year. Dude comes across like the smartest, most confident guy in wrestling. Like, you get the sense that him and Rollins clearly envision themselves being the top two guys in the company in a few short years. They're probably not wrong. Unlike, a lot of guys they seem like they won't take bullshit but know how to fight their battles. 

Good skill to have. 

Ambrose is so cool and smooth. I thought he was great on Cabana's podcast too. His views on wrestling and matches, the Shield, his own career, all if it is refreshing. And he's already got Vince's ear, which to me seems to be earlier than most get it.

Him saying they were stiffing the crap out of ryback, ("we were pasting guys") makes me wonder if ryback was a bit stiffer with punk because word got back to him that he told the shield to be tough on everyone.

Totally my favorite guy at the moment.

The Dean Ambrose interviews are top notch as the English would say. I've been saying it since The Sheild debuted Ambrose is gonna be THE GUY just the way he holds himself and his philosophy on wrestling he's gonna be a star. Listening to the Paul Stanley interview now so far so good. I didn't expect Paul to be so open and loose I always got the impression he was kind of a jerk. 

Again, it wasn't just Punk. Before the program with Punk, where Ryback was doing fuck all against jobbers, he was in that role because very few wanted to work with him. Maybe he's gotten better, or maybe road agents told the boys to suck it up and help the guy out.

Ryback came across as very genuine and likeable in that hour, his dedication to improve is admirable knowing he isn't the most gifted of people in the ring. Punk needs to get that stick out of his ass.

Ryback broke Punk's bones... at least twice... in the EXACT same way, doing the exact same moves and repeatedly committing identical mistakes yet clearly not learning from them.  And came close to seriously injuring Punk with several other bush-league fuckups that nobody at that level should be routinely committing (like he does).  How does that equal Punk having a stick up his ass?  

I'm trying to think of the list of people in pro-wrestling who get impersonated the most right now.

Vince, Michael Hayes, Terry Funk... the Raven impersonation from Zayn/Neville reminds me that someone else has done that.

Jim Barnett. 'My boy!'

Ryback came across as very genuine and likeable in that hour, his dedication to improve is admirable knowing he isn't the most gifted of people in the ring. Punk needs to get that stick out of his ass.

Ryback broke Punk's bones... at least twice... in the EXACT same way, doing the exact same moves and repeatedly committing identical mistakes yet clearly not learning from them. And came close to seriously injuring Punk with several other bush-league fuckups that nobody at that level should be routinely committing (like he does). How does that equal Punk having a stick up his ass?

He didn't have a stick up his ass, he had a bone there (after Ryback fucked them up).

Ryback broke Punk's bones... at least twice... in the EXACT same way, doing the exact same moves and repeatedly committing identical mistakes yet clearly not learning from them.  And came close to seriously injuring Punk with several other bush-league fuckups that nobody at that level should be routinely committing (like he does).  How does that equal Punk having a stick up his ass?  

The table spot was retarded in the first place and should never have happened and was clearly accidental on Ryback's part, Punk believes Ryback did it purposely hence having a giant stick in his shitpipe. Ryback's become the scapegoat, as Ryback said on the podcast he wouldn't be put in the position he is if he's a dangerous worker. I think around that time the Shield dudes were really laying their shit in and leaving a mark on everybody, you can't blame The Big Guy for channeling into that culture. Who has he hurt that we know about? I haven't heard anything other than Punk. Accidents are inevitable, Seasoned guys like Harper and Ziggler most likely had concussions at the last PPV, Owens broke his nose from a fuck up. Shit happens.

The table spot was retarded in the first place and should never have happened and was clearly accidental on Ryback's part,

How was it "retarded"?  It's one guy slamming another through a table.  It ain't exactly rocket science.  John Cena did the exact same spot with Great Khali (well-noted giant sandbag and so clumsy he once killed a guy in training) and managed to do it perfectly.  

Meanwhile, Ryback somehow couldn't do it correctly with a guy who was shorter than him and almost a hundred pounds lighter, a guy who was competently executing his own half of the move and posted himself exactly like you're supposed to for Ryback to press him safely.  Accidental or not, that's a life-risking botch.  I dunno if it was intentional (I don't have any proof for it... just like you don't have any proof against it), but certainly Punk has every right to be bitter about it.  

And I notice how you conveniently skipped Ryback repeatedly breaking Punk's ribs with the exact same move, a simple boot to the gut.  How do you fuck that up, and keep fucking it up?  

Ryback's become the scapegoat, as Ryback said on the podcast he wouldn't be put in the position he is if he's a dangerous worker. 

Really?  

Starrcade-1999-Kick.jpg

It was retarded as it was a press slam off of the stage through a table with no support underneath it, I can't remember the Cena spot but you comparing Cena in 2007 and Ryback in 2012 is apples and oranges, Cena has always had a reputation of being safe and has had PLENTY of practice pulling off stunts. Ryback was and still is relatively green and shouldn't have been put into that position in the first place, as I previously said it looked accidental. The ribs thing is subjective too, hell Punk was horrendous in 2013, who knows what ''really'' happened regarding Ryback supposedly stiffing him with a kick or not, someone is bending the truth regarding the accurateness of the story. Didn't Punk specifically tell Rusev to really lay into him during the Rumble and ''do a cool move'' on him or something? He sounds like the biggest hypocrite in the world. Jericho's attested to always being cool working Ryback, as have others.

and yeah the Goldberg thing, relevant

Dude, most of your arguments boil down to "Punk must be wrong and/or lying, because... because that's what I want to be true."  Why?  

It absolutely is, because it's proof positive that dangerous workers are put into that position.  Vader and Utlimate Warrior are a couple more examples.  

I find it interesting that Ryback is still defending his position that Punk never confronted him. Wasn't there dirtsheet scuttlebutt about Ryback and an unnamed "main eventer" years ago with a similar story about them, with the latter wanting nothing to do with the former?

It absolutely is, because it's proof positive that dangerous workers are put into that position.  Vader and Utlimate Warrior are a couple more examples.  

We're in 2014, not 1995.

It's purely speculation and I'm basing my opinion based on two peoples stories that are very different. Punk's bitterness and apparent disdain for Ryback is unnecessary and uncalled for but I can understand it. Maybe I just think Punk is a whiny prick.

Ryback was and still is relatively green and shouldn't have been put into that position in the first place,

Fucking Bullshit. Do you know what year Ryback debuted as a professional wrestler?

Do you know when Ryback fucked up a simple "slam a guy through a table" spot?

EIGHT YEARS.

Goldberg's career started and ended during that entire time.   Literally the fake Goldberg has spent the real Goldberg's entire career to get to the point where he's called "relatively green."

Ryback was and still is relatively green and shouldn't have been put into that position in the first place,

Fucking Bullshit. Do you know what year Ryback debuted as a professional wrestler?

Do you know when Ryback fucked up a simple "slam a guy through a table" spot?

EIGHT YEARS.

Goldberg's career started and ended during that entire time.   Literally the fake Goldberg has spent the real Goldberg's entire career to get to the point where he's called "relatively green."

It was a press slam off a stage onto a table not a simple slam. Who cares when he debuted, it was a high pressure situation and accidents happen, Chill out.