DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 12/23/13

victor

AJ seems like someone who believes her own hype. She's great at playing a character most women would be good at, but it won't be interesting once the inevitable "She's normal now" when they gets bored with her that pretty much all the women who get hot playing a crazy bitch goes through. I'd just be worried that she hasn't managed to get any of her spots over outside of random skipping.

She's made Nattie finally look like the legit wrestler that she's been claiming to be, very attractive, great natural charisma, and has made the Divas division relevant again. What more do you need from a top female wrestler. Her promo's haven't been good recently, but I really can't think of one female wrestler who's been week, after week one of the best talkers in the business. 

I just watched the replay of the Wyatts/Bryan + Rhodes Family match (I refuse to call them the Brotherhood. I also refuse to refer to Bryan as "The Pitbull" which they tried to sell to us and sounds like them trolling this board). Just fantastic. Great psychology and high spots. The Code Red is a stupid move but seeing Dustin use it is cool. We are also sleeping on the Goldust rolling apron senton a la Foley/Liger which is ridiculous. The best of all though is Harper who does all the little things perfectly -- crazy eyes, bumping his chest on the apron, rolling Dustin out with his head. There was a tag he made to Wyatt that was all "YES, MASTER" and it was wild. I don't know where this is going and I worry about Bryan but he's the Teflon Don at this point and he'll be back in the main in no time. Knock on wood. In the meantime we've got a lot of crazy matches coming.

• Like 1

She's made Nattie finally look like the legit wrestler that she's been claiming to be, very attractive, great natural charisma, and has made the Divas division relevant again. What more do you need from a top female wrestler. Her promo's haven't been good recently, but I really can't think of one female wrestler who's been week, after week one of the best talkers in the business. 

Wonder where this sudden AJ fandom comes from. 

And no she has not made the divas division relevant. As she points out every week they are terrible and she herself is a paper champion. 

The people who say Nattie is a bad wrestler are full of shit. 

• Like 1

I really thought we were past the point of people pretending that Nattie isn't awful. I've never seen this version of Nattie that people claim is amazing and being wasted and I've seen her in Shimmer, Deep South, and now WWE. Did people pretend that Erik Watts or David Flair were any good?

Who said she is amazing. She is a decent enough woman wrestler.

I have seen no evidence she is bad. I have heard a certain sub section of people here try to push that theory to limited success.

Worst thing about Natty is she came off as amazingly hot as the Hart Dynasty valet, and now she's the halfway ok lady rassler who isn't hot anymore,

AJ is basically playing the same character Maria played, once Maria became normal the fans lost interest real quick. Nattie was passable when she was paired with Beth Phoenix but without her she just seems lost.

And with Lesnar and Batista coming in soon, I don't Bryan being brought up the main event level anytime soon. If so it'll be only to be fed to them.

How is AJ top 5 on the mic? She's done a couple promos that were decent but even the highly praised "pipe bomb" relied on shooty bs. It was fine for what it was.. but apart from that it certainly does not make someone great on the mic. Her in-ring promo segment with Steph was not good. Actually, Stephanie blows her out of the water in recent months. AJ's entire GM run was terrible.

She does have some personality but it's rare these days that she shows it. Her commentary has been bad too.

Allow me to name five regulars who are better on the mic.

Cena

Zeb

Heyman

Triple H

Punk

Is Heyman due to return soon, or is it likely he'll only be working as Brock's manager from now on?

I think the big problem with Natalya is that we expect too much from her. She's a 2nd generation Hart, and pushed as a "real" wrestler, so things like her releasing a Sharpshooter before AJ taps and standing around like a berk are picked up on more.