DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 AM

If the new belt doesn't at least have chains I'm gonna be pissed

They'll just end up using the GAORA TV Title as the new belt.

Maybe we'll get a wacky combination of all three!

Posted Image

Awesome! All that remains is knock out some of those little red balls to give it character. Once again I suggest Minoru Suzuki.

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 AM

If the new belt doesn't at least have chains I'm gonna be pissed

They'll just end up using the GAORA TV Title as the new belt.

Maybe we'll get a wacky combination of all three!

Posted Image

Was that made in Fire Pro? It dosen't look half bad.

I wonder who the two women Mutoh will bring in for their first show? I think it'll be two veterans but I would love it to be some of the younger girls who deserve the exposure.

Looks like it's Nosawa's crew.

東京愚連隊興行 「東京PRIME TIME」 ~真夏のメモリーズ~

Tokyo Gurentai Presents "Tokyo PRIME TIME" ~Midsummer Memories~

http://battle-news.com/news/2013/07/001878.php

Edit:

1. Fujiwara/Takuya Kai vs Nishimura/Sekine

2. Sanshiro Takagi/X/X vs Kikutaro/Stalker/Oyaji3. MAZADA vs HUB

4. Suzuki/Fuke vs Sato/Takafumi Ito

5. Barbed wire board tornado street fight: Nosawa/Kikuzawa vs Onita/Tanaka

6. Tokyo World Title: FUJITA © vs Mochizuki

Typical nothingness show.

Nita vs. Kilauea (Akebono named after a Hawaii volcano) in a No Ropes Exploding Barbed wire Megaton Human Bomb Death Match. Onita wants All Japan President Shiraishi as the human bomb for 8/31 in Yokohama.

Does Zima exist in Japan? It certainly doesn't here anymore.

Nita vs. Kilauea (Akebono named after a Hawaii volcano) in a No Ropes Exploding Barbed wire Megaton Human Bomb Death Match. Onita wants All Japan President Shiraishi as the human bomb for 8/31 in Yokohama. 

If this is true then I almost want to forgive Onita for being a perv

Looking over some of the recent All Japan line-ups...

-The 8/25 Ota Ward Gymnasium show looks pretty weak, expect for the main event, obviously, of Go vs. Suwama.  The All-Asia tag match could be good, though.  I'm not sure about Drago and Argenis from AAA.  I seem to recall people mentioning that Drago was good, although I may easily be confusing him with a younger AAA dude with a similar name.  Anybody have any thoughts?  

In news that looks quite promising but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high about given the circumstances, there's some really intriguing names coming in for the Royal Road tournament in September, such as Dark Curevo from AAA and Low Ki.  Bear in mind, there's also D'Lo Brown and Bambi Killer heading in, but I'm guessing those two are there more for their connections than anything else, they certainly don't do too much for me.  I'm not sure how Dark Cuervo will be as a singles competitor, I guess we'll see.  Low Ki is a major name, of course, and it'll at least be entertaining to see how this all plays out.

However, there's one more name in this tournament which really gives me a good feeling that although Shiraishi may be a bit nuts, at least someone over there has some sense as to how to keep things moving forward.  That name would be KENTO MIYAHARA, who was last seen In NOAH and Diamond Ring, but maybe this is sign of him shifting away.  I hope so.  I consider Miyahara to be a major underutilized talent who could easily fill the void that KAI and Yamato left when the Wrestle-One situation developed.  Huge potential.  The fact that he's coming in and it appears to be on his own accord is some of the most positive news in regards to All Japan on the booking end I've seen in months.    

Again, this could be a fleeting feeling of hope, but at least there are some interesting match-ups to look forward to in the near future.  

Anyway, here's the link (click on the tournament bracket to enlarge):

http://www.all-japan.co.jp/news/detail.php?id=2093

Okay, I've been looking at the Observer awards and saw that New Japan got awarded Promotion and Booker Of The Year last year. Any recommendations for matches to hunt down?

Okada vs. Naito.

Just watched Ibushi vs Okada. Fun match with a hot crowd. Kind of a weird botch on a top-rope 'rana spot that deflated the crowd for a bit. Ibushi had has nose jacked up as well. Seemed a bit on the short side but your typical great Okada performance

gordi or someone else, clue me in on what's up w Okinawa Pro Wrestling & Super Delfin these days?

I read Okinawa Pro closed up shop over a year ago but then I saw adds for a pair of 5th anniversary shows they ran on the 17th & 18th this month but can't find any results or other details.

I also see there's a new promotion based out of Okinawa called Ryukyo Dragon Pro Wrestling that has some Osaka Pro guys & some of the Okinawa pro (I think) wrestlers on their roster but Delfin doesn't appear to be affiliated with it. 

Does Delfin even wrestle at all anymore on a regular basis anywhere?

Rather amazing how a guy who used to be a relatively well known somebody not that long ago is now completely off the radar and seemingly irrelevent....

Delfin closed the Okinawa Delfin Arena and it was announced that Okinawa Pro would shut down for a year for Delfin to move back to Osaka while running for a position in the assembly hall which he won.

There were those two shows for the first time in a year which I am guessing were ran by Delfin.

Ryukyo Dragon Pro is ran by Guruken Diver now known as Guruken Mask as it seems like the closest thing full time promotion to what Okinawa Pro was.