DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

I thought the Go vs. Suwama 2/3 falls match was fucking great.  Those two are pretty much perfect opponents.  

Sad to say though, All Japan truly appears to be a one-match promotion at this stage.  Two, if you count Suwama and Doering going for the tag belts again.  Judging from recent Banquet shows I've seen, the wrestlers all seem to be working super hard (out of necessity, of course), but I wonder how long they can keep it up before completely wearing themselves out.  

They should have Minoru Suzuki return the belts to Motoko, though. And totally fuck them up on the way there.

They should name the new belt the Motherfuck Motoko Baba Heavyweight Championship.

• Like 1

Since we're talking Nishimura here, and Global on the main board, it's a fun coincidence that I just found that Nish was in Global and held their light heavyweight title. Apparently he's now working for the post Hustle/Smash fed Wrestling New Classic which I didn't know existed. He's their heavyweight champ; they've had three events since May.

Well this kinda sucks...

AJPW will give triple crown belts back to Motoko Baba via Tokyo Sports. It is Motoko Baba's request. AJPW accepted it. PWF,Inter, UN heavy belts will be used at the match Suwama VS Shozaki in Otaku show on August 25, After that AJPW will give them back to Baba.

AJPW will make new belt. The title name remain "Triple Crown".but one belt. AJPW will not give back other ttile including World Tag, World Jr, Asia Tag. Suwama said "I want to make something new."

Heh, that's kinda funny in an ironic way. Years ago Mutoh wanted to ditch the 3 belts in favor of a single strap but got a bunch of backlash from the fanbase over it so he either restored the old ones or had new replicas made instead (forget which)

Not sure when these were taken, they look rough here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well they do look a little rough there, and I can understand wanting to preserve them, but it does give the titles great character. I really don't know if they even got restored in any way previously.

Honestly, I'm just more disappointed that they are switching to one single title (if true).

• Like 1

Apparently he's now working for the post Hustle/Smash fed Wrestling New Classic which I didn't know existed. He's their heavyweight champ; they've had three events since May.

They've been around a couple years now, no one ever really talks about them much since they don't have tv although I think do release some DVDs.

They've also had more then 3 shows in the last few months, some places just haven't posted all the results. They usually do 3-4 shows a month

Oh and Tajiri beat Nishimura for the title yesterday which is a match I wish we could see because they had one in 2007 that's one of my favorite matches ever

Work boredom = fantasy booking. Here's my debut Wreste-1 show, money be damned.

1. Yamato/Inaba vs Nishimura/AKIRA

2. Hama/Nakanoue vs Yoshie/Ueda

3. KAI vs Sekimoto

4. Minoru/Tajiri vs Tozawa/Hulk

5. Hayashi/Kondo vs Otani/Tanaka

6. Funaki/Kono vs Sasaki/Nakajima

7. Muto/Daichi vs Sting/Samoa Joe

Also gotta love that Wrestle-1 card with 17 X's. They got some work to do...

I'm trying to remember the exact wording of the warning you get in Fire Pro when you book too many outsiders. "The roster is worried..."

Did KANA go back to working for WNC or did they end up never paying her?

Hasn't been back.

That whole situation was kinda weird. It's not that I necisarily doubt her story (that the company hadn't been paying their talent for months for those who don't know) but no one else from WNC has really come out and said anything about it that i'm aware of and only 1 other person has left the company since which I think was for an unrelated reason. So either the situation has been taken care of, the situation was overblown or Tajiri has a super loyal roster willing to work for next to nothing if anything. 

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 AM

If the new belt doesn't at least have chains I'm gonna be pissed

They'll just end up using the GAORA TV Title as the new belt.

Maybe we'll get a wacky combination of all three!

Posted Image

• Like 1