DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

Davey Richards' replacement for the current NOAH tour seems to be Tatsuhito Takaiwa. I'm not sure if that's a lateral move or a downgrade at this point.

NOAH, 11/27/2013, Korakuen Hall
1,200 fans

1. Mitsuhiro Kitamiya defeated Hitoshi Kumano in 6:43 with a grounded octopus hold.
2. Daisuke Hardada defeated Pesadilla in 9:28 with the Katayama German suplex hold.
3. Takeshi Morishima and Atsushi Kotoge defeated Genba Hirayanagi and Hajime Ohara in 10:45 after Kotoge used the Killswitch on Hirayanagi.
4. Super Crazy defeated Yoshinari Ogawa in 7:20 with the Sorpresa.
5. Maybach Taniguchi defeated Mohammed Yone in 10:35 with the Maybach Press.
6. Jushin Thunder Liger defeated Zack Sabre, Jr. in 11:46 with a rolling cradle hold.
7. Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste and Tatsuhito Takaiwa defeated Naomichi Marufuji, Katsuhiko Nakajima and Taiji Ishimori in 15:52 after Takaiwa used a Death Valley Bomb on Ishimori.
8. Yuji Nagata and Daisuke Sekimoto defeated KENTA and Takashi Sugiura in 25:37 when Nagata used the backdrop hold on KENTA.

I have no clue if he's the X only here and on 12/7 or on every show or not.

This is the last match that he won a direct fall in without it being a DQ. He had a dozen or more direct wins in 2012. They were all over Gedo or Jado(one of them). He did win a few times by DQ as well, but that doesn't really count since he's just getting beaten up.

NJPW, 9/21/12
Niihama Citizen Gymnasium
1,250 Fans

2. Captain New Japan beat Gedo (10:44) with the Caribbean Death Grip.

Ugh yeah and I actually really like Nakanoue, unlike Sanada and KAI whom I both can't stand. But he's not a main event dude (he'd make a great #2 guy in a top tag team, or a solid upper-mid-card underdog), and I'm guessing this string of matches headlining against KAI are just gonna show off his weaknesses.

Although until they start doing more televised shows, who knows. How about I bitch about the W-1 I've actually seen? Finally watched Funaki & Kono vs. Laughter7 from the debut show and holy hell did Masayuki Kono ever stink it up in there. 

Okay, I've seen some AWESOME New Japan matches this year. But I've been searching the net and doing all kinds of searches, and can't find a list or anything about the best matches of All-Japan from 2013. Is there even such a thing? I mean, I know New Japan is blowing just about every wrestling company on the planet out of the water with their great stuff, but surely All-Japan has to have at least a 4-star match from this past year, right?

Okay, I've seen some AWESOME New Japan matches this year. But I've been searching the net and doing all kinds of searches, and can't find a list or anything about the best matches of All-Japan from 2013. Is there even such a thing? I mean, I know New Japan is blowing just about every wrestling company on the planet out of the water with their great stuff, but surely All-Japan has to have at least a 4-star match from this past year, right?

From looking at the All Japan Yes/No Thread there have been a few good ones this year, but no promotion is putting on the match quality that New Japan is right now.  But keep an eye on that thread, something is bound to pop up.

• Like 1

check out my post near the end of this thread

Your 2013 INTERNET MATCHES OF THE YEAR RESTART - Page 7 - The PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING - DVDVR Message Board

• Like 1

Check out all of Akiyama/Shiozaki's tag title matches and all the Suwama/Go matches.

• Like 1

Tokyo Sports Awards for Pro-Wrestling are out... Okada is your wrestler of the year!

~ Best Match of the Year Award… Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi, NJPW G1 CLIMAX 2012, 8/2/2013 in Osaka, Japan.
~ Best Tag Award… "TMDK" Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste [NOAH]
~ Distinguished Service Award… KENTA [NOAH]
~ Fighting Spirit Award… Daisuke Sekimoto [bJW]
~ Technical Award… Masato Yoshino [DRAGON GATE]
~ Newcomer Award… Konosuke Takeshita [DDT]
~ Joshi Pro-Wrestling Award… Meiko Satomura [sendai]
~ Lifetime Achievement Award… Kenta Kobashi

James