DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

Not sure if this is the right place to post this since this is my first time using the new forum. Anyway, I made a couple of puro music videos a couple of years ago (I'm sure nobody remembers) and now I've made one highlighting Kobashi's career.

sweet, had been waiting for you to finish this for a while

I watched a few moments of the tag with Dual Force. He seems bigger than Sugi and a lot less agile than the last time I saw him, which was post knee injury. He could just be some random ex-Ultimo Dragon trainee or something else.

What did Sugi do again? Am I remembering correctly he's the one planted weed on Nosawa?

Yeah. One of the Japanese wrestlers that works primarily in Mexico had some kind of grudge against Nosawa, so when Nosawa, along with Io Shirai, who was Nosawa's girlfriend at the time, did a tour of Mexico, the guy had Sugi plant the weed on them. Doesn't look like he got in any legal trouble for doing it, though.

I'm laughing about the idea of All Japan running a 2/3 falls Suwama/Go match because they just have no other way to fill the card. Look at this fucking card.

(1) Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. SUSHI
(2) Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki vs. Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION] & MAZADA [Tokyo Gurentai]
(3) Jun Akiyama vs. KENSO
(4) Taiyo Kea & Joe Doering vs. Takao Omori & Masao Inoue [Free]
(5) 60 min. 3 Fall Match: Suwama vs. Go Shiozaki

Inoue is in as a freelancer which makes me giggle. Too bad Saito is tied up in NOAH and didn't make the jump, eh? I'd watch a Dark Agents tag title run in 2013, especially if there's literally no one for them to defend against.

Seriously though, can this get any worse? Things looked so good there at the first of the year. What happened to the Big Japan connection, why aren't they bringing Okabayashi and Sekimoto in anymore?

paid Ditch's site a visit and came away from it, in awe. The Vader vs. Mutoh handheld from 1991 is utterly incredible. The last few minutes is some of the best cat & mouse stuff I've ever seen in wrestling.

I'm going to wait on voting threads to see whether the old posts can be recovered.

On a totally unrelated note, I just saw on iHEARTdg's Mochizuki profile that he debuted against Taz of all people.

-- Sad to report the death of Nagaharu Imai, 53, a former All Japan Women and Big Japan Pro Wrestling announcer after a long battle with cancer.