Graham Crackers

new AJPW card may as well be entitled the "SO MUCH FOR 'RETIREMENT' TOUR 2013":

AJPW "ANNIVERSARY TOUR 2013", 27.10.2013

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. KENSO vs. Mr. 450

1. Hikaru Sato & Masao Inoue vs. Kazushi Miyamoto & Nobutaka Araya

2. Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk vs. Osamu Nishimura & Masanobu Fuchi

3. Joe Doering & James Raideen vs. D-Lo Brown & Bambi Killer

4. All Asia Tag Team Title: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki © vs. Shigehiro Irie Posted Image & Keisuke Ishii Posted Image

5. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru © vs. SUSHI

6. Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori vs. Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara

7. Triple Crown: Suwama © vs. Akebono

the Funks being there will probably get all the attention but personally I'm more excited about the return of Nobutaka Araya.

Remember this guy?  And that guy?  How about this guy?  

That type of booking never does it for me.  I realize it's the Funks, and I'm sure they gave it their best, but overall, not enough on this card to make me want to buy a ticket.  

One exception, though, is the All Asia tag match, that looks potentially bonkers.  I see Suzuki and Aoki bumping like pinballs for Irie, and I'm hoping it was glorious.  From the recent Banquet broadcast, Irie and Ishii looked great, especially Irie.  Whatever money All Japan can throw his way to keep him around and involved, I think it's worth it.  He's a star.

Match #6 probably turned out fine, maybe even great (haven't glossed over the results yet, other than the obvious big news), but I'm having a hard time understanding what the actual point of the match was, other than filling slots.  

Not to be too negative, maybe this ended up being a fun evening of action, where the All Japan guys  all worked hard to make it satisfying, following the trend in recent months... 

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. KENSO vs. Mr. 450

4. All Asia Tag Team Title: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki © vs. Shigehiro Irie Posted Image & Keisuke Ishii Posted Image

the Funks being there will probably get all the attention but personally I'm more excited about the return of Nobutaka Araya.

Match #6 probably turned out fine, maybe even great (haven't glossed over the results yet, other than the obvious big news), but I'm having a hard time understanding what the actual point of the match was, other than filling slots.  

Not to be too negative, maybe this ended up being a fun evening of action, where the All Japan guys  all worked hard to make it satisfying, following the trend in recent months... 

Pretty sure it was to decide who would challenge Suwama and Doering for the tag belts next.

Dory's looked like this since he was younger than Flair is, so I'm not sure what that means.

It's not supposed to be anything deep, dude. Just a prediction of Flair's future.

I meant Dory's looked quite this rough for a long time, so I dread how bad Flair might look come his age.

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. KENSO vs. Mr. 450

Pretty sure it was to decide who would challenge Suwama and Doering for the tag belts next.

Okay, well that makes a little bit more sense.  Akiyama and Shiozaki on separate teams further confused the issue, though.  Regardless, it still looks like a match worth watching, most likely the first or second best match on the card.

Given the thin roster, maybe Burning being a cohesive, isolated unit isn't really so feasible these days...  

I think they split up after they lost the tag title match.

They did indeed. Shiozaki and Miyahara are now the new younger team vs. Akiyama and Omori's classic AJPW Baba-era team. They're both in the RWTL and there's no tag title match scheduled for the few pre-RWTL shows, so my guess would be the tag league final is a rematch between these two teams. Further establishes the generational rivalry they seem to be going for.I think it's a good move. Miyahara looked awesome in the Miyahara/Omori vs Suwama/Miyamoto tag match last month, and being Go's partner will give him some much-needed main event experience.

I was looking over the IGF results and they had someone billed as 5th Tiger Mask. Is this something official? I thought a new Tiger Mask only came along after the last one unmasked?

I haven't watched any 2013 Dragon Gate yet, any suggestions? I'll probably track down all the Dream Gate matches at least.

two AWESOME matches from the most recent Korakuen:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16qrj1_masaaki-mochizuki-don-fujii-super-shisa-vs-t-hawk-eita-u-t-dragon-gate_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x167ccb_yamato-c-vs-masato-yoshino-dragon-gate_sport

The future of RJPW. GREAT TIGER. Identity unknown! They claim he's South American, I believe. I think he's Sayama's secret weapon against Onita. Watch it be Takayama.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I don't want to imagine a world where Tenryu isn't being old and grumpy and chopping people.

So last night I watched the Dory/Terry funk tag match from All Japan last week. It was a fun little match. I'm amazed that Dory wrestled the vast majority of the match and actually busted out some high spots. At one point in the match he hopped up into the middle of the ring on the top rope to do a hip toss over the top rope on Osamu.

Terry to his credit looked like he had an extra pep in his step. He did a DDT on the floor and later in the match he countered a head scissors with a flip to turn it into a leg grapevine on Osamu. But man, I can't believe that match went to a 20 minute draw.