DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

I'm making this thread because what I'm posting doesn't feel like it deserves it's own thread but I wanna make sure that the big Japanese wrestling fans see it.I'm really asking for some help for a friend. He's a big toy collector and one of his favorite toymakers or designers is launching a new toy and from what he understands it is being launched at a wrestling show or may only be available at said wrestling show. We were both having trouble making that information clear via translation programs so if somebody around here can get us some more information we'd both really appreciate it.Info here: http://iluiluilu.exblog.jp/Thanks!

NOAH with the crazy foreigners. Slex? Worst name ever. Why am I oddly intruiged by Taniguchi vs Roderick Strong?

Anybody see the recent KENTA vs Marufuji match? Not sure who's left for KENTA to face. They desperately need something. The Muto crew, Strong BJ, Z1, anything to liven things up.

Anyone know what ever happened to Handsome Joe from K-Dojo? I know he doesn't wrestle anymore but how come? Dude was crazy over for a while and had a good little cult following going and then he just kinda faded away with few noticing it seems....

I'm making this thread because what I'm posting doesn't feel like it deserves it's own thread but I wanna make sure that the big Japanese wrestling fans see it.I'm really asking for some help for a friend. He's a big toy collector and one of his favorite toymakers or designers is launching a new toy and from what he understands it is being launched at a wrestling show or may only be available at said wrestling show. We were both having trouble making that information clear via translation programs so if somebody around here can get us some more information we'd both really appreciate it.Info here: http://iluiluilu.exblog.jp/Thanks!

It just says that only 30 of them were made for the show and there will be a lottery to determine where you stand in line and only one item purchase per person.
  • Like 1

In a somewhat depressing scene

Sucks what happened to him but it was nice they did a ceremony for him & good to see he was mentally & physically capable of participating to the lvl he did. 

Just some notes from the show. The reason Marufuji and Hoshikawa did the exhibition because it was the first ever ZERO1 match back on 3/2/01. Also, Hayabusa, MIKAMI, Fugofugo Yumeji, and Masato Yakushiji attended the ceremony. They presented Hoshikawa with a picture of his wrestling days while in the ring as well. It was really well done.

Anyone know what ever happened to Handsome Joe from K-Dojo? I know he doesn't wrestle anymore but how come? Dude was crazy over for a while and had a good little cult following going and then he just kinda faded away with few noticing it seems....

I don't think K-DOJO ever announced anything besides he was taking an indefinite leave of absence due to health issues back in August 2011. He's only made one in-ring appearance since then, and that was at the 2012 anniversary show in the battle royal where he didn't do that much.  

Dave tried to identify Dual Force in the WON and failed miserably.

Dual Force in the tag team tourney wrestled in AAA as Ronin and had worked in Japan in the past as Rasse, and that would be Sugi-san.

Just some notes from the show. The reason Marufuji and Hoshikawa did the exhibition because it was the first ever ZERO1 match back on 3/2/01. Also, Hayabusa, MIKAMI, Fugofugo Yumeji, and Masato Yakushiji attended the ceremony. They presented Hoshikawa with a picture of his wrestling days while in the ring as well. It was really well done.

The Marufuji/Hoshikawa match that started Z1 was a damn good match too. Those shots from the tribute show are actually uplifting, at least compared that the condition I had last read Hoshikawa was in. I remember it being something along the lines of "the lights are on but nobody is home," but he certainly looks like he's aware of what's going on and appreciative, at least in the photos.

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble but I was at the Z1 show and if you're thinking Hoshikawa did anything "physical," that was not the case. He very slowly moved from his wheelchair to the ring using a 4-footed cane and leg braces. He had to be lifted in and out. He attempted to meet Marufuji in the center of the ring under his own power but his legs locked up and needed to be carried across. He and Marufuji took a sort of collar and elbow tie-up, which allowed Marufuji to hold him up. Hoshikawa did several extremely light and slow "slaps" to Marufuji's face. Marufuji then laid down and Hoshikawa slumped down to cover him for the 3 count. It would have been extremely uncomfortable to sit through if the atmosphere wasn't so surreal. I was actually experiencing the clinical symptoms of shock.

At the end of the ceremony he spoke very briefly, just to lead the 3-2-1-Zero1 chant. His voice was very slow and shallow. He received some gag gifts and laughed at them so clearly he's got critical thinking abilities, but whatever brain damage he suffered is still evident.

It was very emotional and I think his display of determination ranked as a positive for everyone in the building. One of those "only in Japan" type of things. But if you break it down by the details it was not a pretty scene. Still, I'm glad I was there.

• Like 2

I never assumed it was anything that physical. He just visually seems better. Even with the cane and braces that's still a step up, a few years ago he couldn't even do that. I've got a relative with massive brain damage and motor skill issues, so it's interesting to see someone go in the opposite direction instead of just getting worse due to age.

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble but I was at the Z1 show and if you're thinking Hoshikawa did anything "physical," that was not the case. He very slowly moved from his wheelchair to the ring using a 4-footed cane and leg braces. He had to be lifted in and out. He attempted to meet Marufuji in the center of the ring under his own power but his legs locked up and needed to be carried across. He and Marufuji took a sort of collar and elbow tie-up, which allowed Marufuji to hold him up. Hoshikawa did several extremely light and slow "slaps" to Marufuji's face. Marufuji then laid down and Hoshikawa slumped down to cover him for the 3 count. It would have been extremely uncomfortable to sit through if the atmosphere wasn't so surreal. I was actually experiencing the clinical symptoms of shock.At the end of the ceremony he spoke very briefly, just to lead the 3-2-1-Zero1 chant. His voice was very slow and shallow. He received some gag gifts and laughed at them so clearly he's got critical thinking abilities, but whatever brain damage he suffered is still evident.It was very emotional and I think his display of determination ranked as a positive for everyone in the building. One of those "only in Japan" type of things. But if you break it down by the details it was not a pretty scene. Still, I'm glad I was there.

There was a video of it online on my Facebook but it wasn't from YouTube or any main video streaming site so I can't link it. I don't think anybody was talking like he didn't have brain damage or was able to really do anything physical. He was able to slap, he is aware of what he was doing, he knows who is who, and you can tell he enjoyed what was going on. His walking ability is poor but it was still a nice what they did for him especially with the "Hoshikawa" chants through out by the crowd.

NOAH with the crazy foreigners. Slex? Worst name ever. Why am I oddly intruiged by Taniguchi vs Roderick Strong? Anybody see the recent KENTA vs Marufuji match? Not sure who's left for KENTA to face. They desperately need something. The Muto crew, Strong BJ, Z1, anything to liven things up.

Mohammed Yone is challenging next, and he may be the one to take the belt off KENTA (yuck) since he's the last heavyweight left in NOAH who hasn't challenged.

I kinda want to see this more then anything else that happened yesterday
5. IGF Special Match - Fujita Army vs. Ogawa Army: Kazuyuki Fujita, Bobby Lashley, Shinichi Suzukawa, Bob Sapp & Atsushi Sawada besiegen Naoya Ogawa, Peter Aerts, Hiromi Amada, Shogun Okamoto, Hideki Suzuki - No Contest (30:43). 
Ogawa eliminierte Sapp mit einem STO (7:57). Lashley eliminierte Amada mit einem Argentine Backbreaker (14:48). Lashley eliminierte Okamoto (15:55). Suzuki warf Lashley über das Top Rope (16:28). Aerts warf Sawada über das Top Rope (19:08). Fujita warf Aerts über das Top Rope (19:21). Fujita eliminierte Suzuki mit einer Powerbomb (25:29). Ogawa eliminierte Suzukawa mit einem Sleeper Hold (29:31). Fujita vs. Ogawa - No Contest (30:43).

• Like 1

Mohammed Yone is challenging next, and he may be the one to take the belt off KENTA (yuck) since he's the last heavyweight left in NOAH who hasn't challenged.

If that's the plan they may as well just shut down now.

I reviewed DG Kobe Pro Wrestling Festival here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/dragon-gate-kobe-pro-wrestling-festival.html

Overall thoughts:  If you like DG, you will really enjoy this. There was good stuff on the card but there was also lots of long matches and tons of overkill. The tag title match was the best thing on the show and the main was fine. I found the No DQ match to be disappointing as was the 3 way tag. I was looking forward to both but they didn't deliver for me. I'd recommend this one but if you are more of a fan of the WWE and less move heavy style like me, it might not be the most appealing.

Some shots from the show:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

NOAH "SUMMER NAVIGATION 2013", 24.08.2013

Tokyo Korakuen Hall

2. Naomichi Marufuji 15th Anniversary Match: Naomichi Marufuji & Shinsuke Nakamura vs. KENTA & Takashi Sugiura

Nakamura vs KENTA? Holy fucking shit. This literally my ultimate dream match right here.

Hi all! Sorry I just sort of pop in here every couple of years and then disappear again. I moved to Japan last summer and it's been great. I have been terribly busy with things here, but I met up with a friend in Kobe yesterday for the Dragon Gate show. It was a blast! Really fun stuff. I hadn't been keeping up with DG recently, but I think I'm going to have to start. Anyway, we had pretty sweet seats, so I took a bunch of pictures. Most aren't anything too crazy, but hope some of you might enjoy them.Dragon Gate - Kobe World Hall - July 21, 2013

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi all! Sorry I just sort of pop in here every couple of years and then disappear again. I moved to Japan last summer and it's been great. I have been terribly busy with things here, but I met up with a friend in Kobe yesterday for the Dragon Gate show. It was a blast! Really fun stuff. I hadn't been keeping up with DG recently, but I think I'm going to have to start. Anyway, we had pretty sweet seats, so I took a bunch of pictures. Most aren't anything too crazy, but hope some of you might enjoy them.Dragon Gate - Kobe World Hall - July 21, 2013

Thanks!

Great shots! What would I need to get a camera that can take shots of wrestlers in-air without getting blur?