DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

Yeah. Admittedly, it's a knee-jerk reaction, based solely on reading results.

Seems silly to build up Kono only to have him job to Muto on the first defence. Either give the dude some time to defend his title, or just put it on Muto from the get-go. Also, let's hope that Alberto gets to come back, and this isn't a repeat of Goldberg in AJPW

• 4 weeks later...

any video footage of this recent ibushi shoot box exhibition match yet?

I went to youtube to hopefully see him getting smacked around a litlle, it's sadly just a wrestling match with gloves on. Nakazawa does dump him on his head though.

There are a few other short clips uploaded on the same channel.

Just signed up for NJPW World.

I'm in Japan so I don't know if anything is different for anyone in another country. My payment process will probably be different from most.

It's cross platform but you need to install a specific player (for Android anyway). It will play in a youtube-like window in your browser.

This year's Power Struggle (November 8th) is the newest card they have. The PPVs are broken into individual matches.

They have matches from the Moero! Shin-Nihon Puroresu series, which are themed DVDs that you can buy in bookstores.

As far as I can tell, no individual TV shows and no full cards of older shows. Most of the old matches are culled from the Moero series.

Payment for me is being done through my mobile phone company so I signed up via my phone. There's a system for that all set up so it was a painless process.

I'm in Japan so I don't know if anything is different for anyone in another country. My payment process will probably be different from most.

It's cross platform but you need to install a specific player (for Android anyway). It will play in a youtube-like window in your browser.

This year's Power Struggle (November 8th) is the newest card they have. The PPVs are broken into individual matches.

They have matches from the Moero! Shin-Nihon Puroresu series, which are themed DVDs that you can buy in bookstores.

As far as I can tell, no individual TV shows and no full cards of older shows. Most of the old matches are culled from the Moero series.

Payment for me is being done through my mobile phone company so I signed up via my phone. There's a system for that all set up so it was a painless process.

signed up but the android app not available to customers outside of japan   :(

D'oh. I screwed up. It's not actually cross platform. You still do everything via a browser but the video player needs to be downloaded. Is the player downloadable?

Translates to $8.40 in the States.  I signed up with no issue, but had to access it in Chrome to translate the site and navigate.  Not much hassle.  Only downside right now is that the videos load slowly.  No proxy needed though.  Accepted my Visa just fine as well.  Go do it. 999 YEN MAGGLE!

This was me when I saw the news

B3xdlhxIAAE3ROP.jpg

• Like 4

D'oh. I screwed up. It's not actually cross platform. You still do everything via a browser but the video player needs to be downloaded. Is the player downloadable?

only downloadable from google play store if thats what you mean. 

I had that issue, but if you go into your translate options, you can set it to translate automatically.  Not having any problems since.  So far I am blown away by the execution of this.  Simple things like tags, a decent search function and breaking the events into individual matches are so wonderful.  I was able to set my search to only include title matches, or matches held at the Tokyo Dome, etc.  Really well done.

• Like 1

There is so much classic content! It's overwhelming!

original-1.gif

Meltz says New Japan wants to surpass WWE in terms of overall business and this is their ace card. He's saying that they've stated that they're already #1 in the world in terms of wrestling business. 

So, wouldn't this amazing NJPW World deal completely undermine Jarrett's distribution of the Dome Show? Who's going to pay $50-60 or whatever they're going to charge just to hear Jim Ross' commentary? I want that to succeed so we get more Jim Ross but I'm also broke and am not fucking crazy.

Well I kinda get the feeling that the common variety wrestling fan isn't going to bother with trying to translate a Japanese page and make their way through pages of Engrish to check all this out.  I happen to know a ton of people who are checking out Wrestle Kingdom simply because they can finally see what everyone has been talking about, but in English.  This definitely puts a dent in the American sales, but probably not enough that has New Japan really concerned.

Translates to $8.40 in the States.  I signed up with no issue, but had to access it in Chrome to translate the site and navigate.  Not much hassle.  Only downside right now is that the videos load slowly.  No proxy needed though.  Accepted my Visa just fine as well.  Go do it. 999 YEN MAGGLE!

Can you elaborate on slow loading? How slow? Should I worry even if I have the best possible internet available in my area (Nyc)?

I follow New Japan more than anything, and was going to cancel Netflix, so this might be its replacement. Having to use Dailymotion after every show airs is kind of a pain. I also hate how some of the results are spoiled by the video's default thumbnails. This would probably eliminate those headaches.  

I haven't had any loading issues. When you jump ahead there's a few seconds of buffering but that's it. VQ is very good, not WWE Network good but very good. There's a test video on the website you should be able to find with a translator plugin to see how it works for you. It's just an announcement video but it's something.

• Like 1

So, WrestleKingdom is gonna be on NJ World?  Yeah, gonna watch it there instead of the PPV.

Yeah, so for us ignorant Americans, is this essentially the NJPW Network?  Will we be able to watch live events, old matches, and everything else?