DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

My piece on Jun Akiyama's HOF case. I hope people enjoy it!

http://http://fightgameblog.com/2014/09/wrestling-observer-hall-of-fame-2014-the-case-for-jun-akiyama/

Also my show with Todd and Justin talking LOTS about the Hall. Both parts free at F4W!

DR. KEITH PRESENTS: The 2014 Wrestling Observer Hall Of Fame!

Votes have been coming in, the debates are strong and soon we will know where the people stand! But enough about Scotland - the Wrestling Observer Hall Of Fame ballots are out and there is A LOT to discuss. To discuss it, we've rounded up our good pals - the RG3 & Kirk Cousins of Raw Reviews - Todd Martin & Justin Shapiro! The conversation about the likes of CM Punk, Jun Akiyama and co. was so mighty that we needed to split it in two = and BOTH parts are FREE right here at www.f4wonline.com - so CHECK IT!!!

PART 1 - http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/091714dks.mp3

PART 2 - http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/091814dks.mp3

He got married a year ago and had been cheating on his wife. He wanted to make his marriage work. Some fans had been harassing his wife also

He got married a year ago and had been cheating on his wife. He wanted to make his marriage work. Some fans had been harassing his wife also

Interesting. The past knee injury and the current shoulder injury during his title run really hurt as well. I'll miss him, but honestly I don't think this is a huge blow to Big Japan, as their Strong Division is deep enough with YUJI F'N OKABAYASHI returning in December, plus they have 5 new rookies that have yet to break out and lots of potential. Toshiyuki Sakuta wants to do deathmatches, as well as Takayuki Ueki I believe. I'm a bit sad we will never get to see high profile matches with Ishikawa vs. Okabayashi or Yoshihito though.

btw, any update on Yoshihito Sasaki, BAHU?

Shinya Ishikawa retiring is a huge blow to BJW. Okabayashi and Sasaki will in fact return-but how long is everyone on the BJW roster gonna stay injury-free? BJW losing anyone at least somewhat established would be a significant blow and Ishikawa was their champion and a rare case of them successfully elevating someone other than Sekimoto.

No update on Yoshihito. He shattered it pretty good. Probably sometime in 2015. I would be surprised if Takayuki Ueki will ever be anything other than comedy. His look and body are not a strong point of his. He has a toy gun gimmick right now where he threatens to shoot everyone in the ring.

Crowds haven't changed for years. They ran Korakuen 4 times in August so the first few shows you're looking at were on weekdays, small, and not even televised besides the few clips you saw there. So yeah the crowds were smaller but it's a special case.

Crowds haven't changed for years. They ran Korakuen 4 times in August so the first few shows you're looking at were on weekdays, small, and not even televised besides the few clips you saw there. So yeah the crowds were smaller but it's a special case.

You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to run a wrestling show during the day in Tokyo.

August 13th to 15th was O-Bon which most people (though not all) get off for holidays. Lots of people working in Tokyo are from other prefectures so  they use this opportunity to go back home. For background. Naturally, other people from other areas may go to Tokyo for vacation. But I highly doubt people on vacation are going to a BJW show.

What's the Ibushi hate about? I've only seen a couple of his matches, so I haven't quite formed an opinion of him yet.

Opponent: Leg Kick

Opponent: Dragon Screw

Opponent: FIgure 4

Opponent: Dropkick to Knee

Ibushi: Minor Limp

Ibushi: Standing SSP

Ibushi: 450*

Ibushi: Triangle Moonsault

Ibushi: Phoenix Splash

Did I do it right?